|Office Administrative Assistant|
Office Administrative Assistant
Company : Smythe LLP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Smythe LLP is seeking a hardworking and energetic Office Administrative Assistant to join our team in the Downtown Vancouver office. This is an excellent opportunity for a ‘go getter’ with a great attitude who wants to develop their administrative skill set in a professional environment.
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients. We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, hospitality, technology and resource industries. Our website is www.smythecpa.com.
As part of the Administrative Services Team you will be responsible for providing clerical, secretarial and administrative support to the firm.
- Provide general administrative support – switchboard relief, daily mail and bank runs, opening and distributing mail, photocopying, scanning, faxing, scheduling and organizing meetings and boardroom set-up.
- Maintenance and upkeep of paper and electronic files.
- Use Microsoft Office to prepare documents, including spreadsheets, letters and presentations.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Back-up assistance to other support team members as needed.
- Assist with assembly of T1 packages during tax season.
- Interact with clients on confidential matters.
- 1 year of experience in an office environment.
- Previous experience in public practice would be an asset.
- Proficient in Outlook, MS Word and Excel preferred.
- Professional and personal demeanor.
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated team player, willing to take initiative and eager to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to be flexible and available for overtime as needed.
The Smythe Advantage
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support. Our culture is highly supportive and embraces diversity. Our benefits include:
- Health and dental coverage
- Annual wellness fund
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- An active social committee that coordinates firm-wide social events to promote collaboration and people connections
- A wellness committee that is committed to bringing employee health and wellness to the Firm by promoting and supporting physical and mental health
- A Joint Health and Safety Committee and Return to Work Task Force to ensure we are working in a safe work environment during the pandemic
- A sustainability and community committee that focuses on coordinating initiatives that allow us to give back to our community and make the Firm more sustainable
We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career in the areas of technical learning, people development, business development and community support.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Proof of vaccination is required as a pre condition to employment.
Expected start date: 2022-07-04