New Job Nursing Home Attendant In Yukon
|Nursing Home Attendant|
Nursing Home Attendant
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $59,557–$68,872 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is for multiple full-time Reinforcement positions, which are auxiliary-on-call positions with guaranteed full-time hours of work and associated leave and benefits
Preference will be given to existing Yukon Government Nursing Home Attendants auxiliary-on-call employees.
This posting will also be used for Anticipatory full-time permanent positions
As a Nursing Home Attendant in Continuing Care, you’ll be part of a collaborative and supportive team environment. You’ll report to the Nurse Supervisor and assist the nursing team in providing direct care to residents (children, adults, seniors) to help meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. You will also participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans.
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact: Ann Caron at [email protected] or (867) 332-6273
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment
Link to create your account to apply here
*Refer to: here for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting *
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Health Care Aide(HCA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Continuing Care Assistant (CCA), or Personal Care Aide (PCA) certificate recognized from a Canadian Educational Institute.
- Recently applied knowledge of Health Care Aide theory, practices & techniques.
- Recent experience charting and documenting progress notes.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on their:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to a Respectful Workplace.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Strong commitment to providing a safe, respectful and home-like environment for our residents.
- Ability to work constructively within a transdisciplinary team and equally able to work independently.
- Ability to provide ongoing assistance to long term care residents (children, adults and seniors) in the activities of daily living.
Conditions of Employment: TB screening, Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security Clearance , Food safe level 1 ( within last 18 months),WHMIS 2015, HCA,PSW, CCA, or PCA certificate
Job Requirements: Shift Work; Exposure to flowers and/or plants and/or second hand smoke; Exposure to animals; Heavy lifting and bending; Exposure to latex products and other irritants; Exposure to weather while assisting residents outside; Lifting up to 50 lbs as part of resident care and transfers and full COVID-19 vaccine.