New Job Manager, Corporate Accounting In Saskatchewan
|Manager, Corporate Accounting|
Manager, Corporate Accounting
Company : Regina Exhibition Association Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Status: Full-time, permanent Vacancies: 1
WHO IS REAL?
After taking a brief pause during the pandemic, it is with great optimism and excitement that Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) announces our activation of the REAL 2.0 plan for our future, within the exciting world of sport and entertainment.
We are moving forward at full speed with strategic objectives to: improve operational performance; develop new business and expansion; create an activated district, leveraging commercial development.
If you are revolutionary and courageous, exemplify teamwork and safety, accomplish the extraordinary, stewards of our legacy and above all else, always have fun … then you are REAL! And we want you on our team!
THE OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
REAL finds itself in the enviable position of managing one of the most interesting and versatile connected spaces in North America with an opportunity to impact the lives of millions by creating life-long memories and delivering exceptional experiences.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager, Corporate Accounting is a business partner responsible for monitoring the financial and non-financial performance of the Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL). This includes responsibility and accountability for providing reliable and timely information and analysis to the business leaders to guide them in the decision-making process.
Prepares financial progress reports and statistics, and any other related financial management analysis and review functions to identify instances of fraud, waste, and abuse of resources. The Manger, Corporate Accounting provides leadership to and directs the Corporate Accounting Team responsible for creating, coordinating and evaluating risk management, policies and procedures, financial programs, account reconciliations, insurance, legal, contract management, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, asset management, financial systems management and improvements, and purchasing etc., as a service provider for internal clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participates in the development of REAL’s strategic planning process, develops, and implements the business plan to achieve the corporation’s short and long-term goals by:
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring benchmarks and standards for internal customer service
- Managing, leading, guiding and directing the Corporate Accounting team.
- Developing and implementing Finance and Administration policies and procedures
- Preparing, reviewing, and presenting various reports.
- Providing financial support to business units for the development of their budgets and forecasting
- Reviewing and finalizing all year-end papers and months sales tax reports
- Preparing and analyzing monthly reconciliations
- Manages and/or participates in the preparation of a wide variety of complex financial reports and analyses by:
- Developing, preparing, and maintaining spreadsheets and charts for regular reporting
- Recording financial data to support budget execution and program analysis, preparation of financial progress reports and statistics, and any other related financial management duties to identify instances of fraud, waste and abuse of resources.
- Developing new and improved processes and techniques for financial planning
- Handles audits and works for client information support services
- Monitoring fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained
- Maintains compliance and the finance and administration unit/department budget, quarterly forecasts and implements and monitors the appropriate expenditure controls to manage costs
- Manages the insurance, real estate, and legal affairs for REAL through activities including, but not limited to, leading negotiations for insurance programs, escalating insurance claims, managing REAL’s real estate affairs, and reviewing contracting for legal liabilities.
- Leads and develops strong teams to carry out business unit strategies
- Performing other duties as allocated.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We live our REAL Core Values: Be original, Be a host, Be inclusive, Be proud, Be resilient, Be smart, and Always own it.
We are looking for a strong candidate who is looking for the next challenge in their career – and what better way than stepping into the sports and entertainment industry! If you thrive in fast-paced environments, are a leader for positive change, and are motivated by continuously looking for ways you can serve your clients better – apply now!
WHAT IT TAKES
Apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business, preference will be given to Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA)
- 7+ years’ experience in the accounting field
- 3+ years’ experience in management, preference will be given to senior management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate team members.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE) and/or generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proven decision-making and analytical skills for budget development along with strong financial acumen
- Independent, creative self-starter with ability to initiate and adapt to new ideas.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to change
- Strong organizational and presentation skills including demonstrated experience in writing business documentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency for managing multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Strong time-management skills and a proven track record of delivering quality results, with attention to details.
- Computer proficiency required including advanced Excel, Word, Outlook, databases, and the internet.
- Excellent analytic skills, proven ability to compile, analyze and leverage performance data to both identify new opportunities and optimize growth.
- Excellent organizational and strategic and project management skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Budget planning and financial management skills
- Knowledge of sports, events, and entertainment industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of ethical standards and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a long-term vision and plan.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
We offer competitive wages and attractive benefits, along with the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fun industry. For more information visit our website at www.realdistrict.ca. Submit resumes by July 7, 2022, via the link provided.