New Job Maintenance Worker In Saskatchewan
Company : Avenue Living Communities
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Are you a handyman and very skillful in general repairs and renovations in a multifamily housing residential environment? Do you possess working knowledge of building systems?
Then this job is for you!
WHO IS AVENUE LIVING COMMUNITIES?
Avenue Living Communities is western Canada's fastest growing private rental properties operator, with a growing presence in regions throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. Communities is in our name because we care about bringing our communities & employees together. We inspire positive action and make a difference in the lives of the people in our communities, and in the lives of our employees. We pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive place to work. Our Core Values drive our culture, and our people bring our Mission to life. We are in it together, employ an entrepreneurial spirit to drive change and relentlessly pursue progress.
Embracing rapid growth, we use the skillsets of our knowledgeable teams to continue to adapt and remain focused on placing our customers' needs first. Our innovate teams work together to provide our residents with quality, value, and a clear choice of a safe, comfortable place to call home.
Learn more about Avenue Living Communities.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responsible for completing in suite renovations.
- Perform basic carpentry including installing countertops, cabinets, and flooring.
- Complete regular plumbing tasks including both installation and maintenance of kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- Maintain building heat-zone valves, and radiators.
- Paint including drywall, mudding, and taping.
- Complete minor electrical work including electrical plugs, switches, and lights.
- Demolition in preparation of renovations.
- Plan and organize the suite renovation including material management, tool requirements and supplies required to execute work scope.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 3-5 years' experience in general building renovations and repairs in a residential or commercial environment.
- Must be able to work independently and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Must be able to supply your own tools and SCSA steel toed boots.
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must have a clean drivers abstract.
- Must complete & pass a criminal record check.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- We live and breathe our core values. We go the extra mile. We're honest. We always have each other's back. We have tons of integrity. And we always own it and adapt – no matter the challenge.
- With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
- We provide a competitive compensation package composed of a group benefits plan, rent subsidy and discretionary profit-sharing program.
- We are committed to a strong safety work environment.
Subject to reasonable accommodation, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a vaccination.
What makes us different makes us stronger. We want Avenue Living to be a great place to work for everyone; where people feel safe, included, inspired, trusted and supported so they can be, and bring, their best.
We're committed to creating a respectful and inclusive workplace where unique perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, cultures and attributes are valued and utilized to help achieve better results. As an organization with operations across different geographies, we celebrate the fact that our workforce is made up of people with diverse demographics.
We are committed to ensuring our workplace is fair, equitable and free of discrimination and harassment.