New Job Literacy Consultant In Northwest Territories
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
Dehcho Divisional Education Council invites applications for the 2022-2023 school year for a (0.6 FTE) Literacy Consultant with demonstrated leadership experiences, excellent initiative, planning, organization, communication, writing. S/he will be known for a high standard of professionalism and will be a strong team player committed to working well with school staff. This position serves staff and students in nine schools in the eight Dehcho communities. Extensive travel by road and air is a necessity for this position to be successful.
LITERACY CONSULTANT- Indeterminate position
Start Date: July 18, 2022
The primary focus of this position will be student literacy development through data-based decision-making, research -based strategies and job-embedded professional development of teachers. The successful applicant should have elementary training and high school student literacy devilment experience. Alternately, applicants with expertise in inclusive schooling (special needs) will also be considered.
As a key member of a dedicated educational leadership team the Literacy Consultant is responsible for providing consultative and collaborative support for literacy to Dehcho Schools:
- Provide direct support to schools and teachers through lesson demonstrations and coaching using effective research-based teaching strategies;
- Work with and facilitate school representatives to determine priorities, develop and implement plans and programs that meet the diverse educational needs of students;
- Develop and deliver staff training (in-service) opportunities within the region in consultation with Dehcho school staff.
- holds a B.Ed. degree;
- holds an NWT professional teaching certificate, or is eligible to obtain one;
- has five years teaching experience;
- has a working knowledge of the NWT K-12 English Language Arts Curriculum: including Fountas & Pinnell balanced literacy components and LLI
- possesses specialization, training and experience and literacy, and/or curriculum development;
- demonstrates current knowledge and practical experience in Assessment, Differentiated Instruction and Culture-Based Education;
- possesses skills in the area of data collection and management;
- demonstrates competency in computer and technology skills;
- has expertise in staff and program development and implementation.
- who has a graduate degree and/or training in the are of Literacy;
- who has related work experience;
- who has facilitation training and experience;
- who has the ability to speak Slavey or
- who possesses a valid NWT Driver’s License.