New Job Labourer -Parks In British Columbia
Company : City of White Rock
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Temporary Full -Time, 4 months - 40 hours per week
The City of White Rock is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams and a more vibrant community starts with you!. The City is a boutique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and strong sense of community.
The Engineering & Operations Department, Parks Division, seeks a number of individuals who have parks labouring experience and maintenance to join their team on a Temporary Full-Time basis (July 2022 – October 2022). The labourer performs a variety of maintenance laboring duties involving considerable physical effort. Duties include maintaining turf, flower beds, shrubs, and trees; performing ground preparation and maintenance; operating a variety of small equipment and driving trucks with trailers; performing parks maintenance inspections and performing routine equipment maintenance. The successful candidate may be required, on occasion, to assist with construction of small parks structure; perform cement work and concrete installation, including brick paver installation.
- Completion of Grade 12 plus job-related experience including operating small equipment and mowers used in parks maintenance duties;
- Ability to perform parks maintenance tasks independently and requiring some judgement;
- Ability to operate parks maintenance equipment including string-line trimmers, power edgers, chainsaws and hedge trimmers safely and effectively;
- Ability to complete semi-skilled carpentry tasks is an asset;
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
- Ability to work outdoors in all conditions, including inclement weather;
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply pruning and fertilizing procedures;
- Knowledgeable in the operation of a road licensed lawn mower;
- Knowledge of the physical layout of White Rock considered an asset;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license with a demonstrated safe driving record.
The City is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to promoting and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our teams and a more vibrant community starts with you! In return for your valued contributions, you can expect a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team. If you are a qualified applicant and you feel you can help us continuously push for excellence and are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment we invite you to apply. The hourly wage of this unionized position is $29.53 (2021 rates). Please submit your cover letter, resume, and drivers abstract for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm, Tuesday, July 12, 2022
Submit your application:
Temporary Fulltime Opportunities
June 28, 2022 3:00 PM
July 12, 2022 4:30 PM