New Job Labourer In Ontario
Company : City of Ottawa
Salary : $48,520–$56,761 a year
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 841
Department: Public Works & Environmental Services Department
Service: Roads & Parking Services
Branch: Transitway and Parking Branch
Employment Type :Up to 2 Full Time Temporary (Up to 6 months)
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Affiliation: CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
Salary Information: $48,520.16 - $56,761.12 annually (2022 rates of pay)
Location: Park & Road Op,185 Slidell Street
Job Category: Labourer Jobs
Application Close: 11/07/2022
You are responsible for performing manual labour services on various tasks and assignments as and when required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 10
Minimum of 2 months of related experience
- Appropriate tools, equipment and work procedures
- Good understanding of safe body mechanics for lifting and bending
- Traffic control/roadway work operations
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Learn distribution system plans, policies and procedures
- Possess the manual dexterity required to safely use hand tools and occasionally use some simple power tools such as a jack hammer, tampers, chainsaws, floor polishers, mowers, etc. in the performance of their work.
- Project a positive image as a City employee to customers and the public
- Follow simple to moderately complex instructions
- Mechanical aptitude
- Desire to learn new skills
- Communicate effectively with other employees
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrated sound work ethic
- Deal with public in respectful manner
- Capable of performing physical labour including: lifting, loading and unloading materials, lifting weights and digging or drilling and filling holes
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement: English Reading, Writing
- Driver’s License Requirement: A valid Ontario unrestricted G class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated
- You may initially be paid 95% of your starting rate of pay, in accordance with the collective agreement.
- May include some evening and weekend hours to meet training and/or programming requirements.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
The City of Ottawa has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination by November 15, 2021 as a condition of employment
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.