|Labourer I - Golf Courses|
Labourer I - Golf Courses
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $21.42–$29.71 an hour
Location : Alberta
Want to spend the summer working outside while helping to maintain the Golf Courses in our city?
The Community and Recreation Facilities Branch has Labourer I positions available where you would be working in the following areas:
Golf Courses (Victoria, Riverside, and Rundle): Mow the turf to maintain high quality playing surfaces, horticulture tasks such as planting and maintaining flowers and shrub beds, vegetation management, general facility servicing, and driving range operations.
Your success will be measured by your ability to achieve timely results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style. With a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Operate small power equipment such as push lawn mowers, trimmers, edgers, and small rototillers
- Use tools such as shovels, rakes, stake pounders, and small hand tools
- Operate ride-on mowers
- Move and transport waste and materials, possibly with use of a trailer
- Load and unload materials from trucks
- Planting and maintaining annual flowers and shrubs
- Respond to public inquiries
- Assist co workers and perform other related duties as required
- Other related duties as required
- Completion of grade 10 or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and perform manual labour for extended periods of time under various weather conditions and in a safe manner
- Ability to understand and perform oral and written instructions
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's license (or provincial equivalent). Obtaining and maintaining a City Driver's permit is a requirement of this position
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style
- Embrace the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, and foster an environment that encourages others to do the same
- Applicants may be tested
- Previous customer service experience is considered
- Experience working at a golf course is considered
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED Certificates
- Equipment certification or experience or working knowledge of various equipment, and hand tools including ride-on mowers, trimmers, skid steers, blowers and side by side
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected]
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt).
Successful candidates may be eligible for recall in the 2023 season
Up to 6 temporary full-time positions for up to 3 months
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Hours are subject to shift work, providing coverage Monday - Sunday, starting as early as 05:00 or finishing as late as 24:00
Salary: $21.425 - $29.709 (Hourly)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: LD/JJ