New Job Judicial Assistant In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $49,571–$56,739 a year
Location : Manitoba
JA1 Legal and Court Services
Judicial Services, Courts
Advertisement Number: 39489
Salary(s): JA1 $49,571.00 - $56,739.00 per year
Closing Date: July 8, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening/Internal Screening
- Experience performing senior administrative duties in a court or related legal environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills with a proven understanding of the proper case, statute and neutral citation standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the legal profession, the general public and other stakeholders
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to meet workload demands and deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Completion of a legal administrative training program
- Knowledge of the Court systems, Court Rules, policies and procedures
- Experience using legal research applications such as Quicklaw / LexisNexis and CanLII and conducting related Internet searches
- Experience with transcribing
The incumbent provides administrative support services to Judges of the Court of Queen's Bench as assigned. Processes the judgments of the court including proofreading and researching legal texts for references to citations and quotations. Maintains filing systems and responds to inquiries from various stakeholders. Coordinates meetings and makes travel arrangements. Assists the judiciary, court staff, government departments, legal profession and the public in a professional manner and applies appropriate level of discretion. The incumbent works primarily independently and with minimum supervision, but also works with a team of colleagues who may require back up support. This competition may also be used to fill positions and create an eligibility list for the Provincial Court and the Court of Appeal.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.