Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $45,694–$62,943 a year
Location : Manitoba
ER1 Economic Resource Analyst 1
Department of Agriculture
Transformation, Corporate Services and Innovation
Advertisement Number: 39385
Salary(s): ER1 $45,694.00 - $62,943.00 per year
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The position description is available upon request.
Manitoba Agriculture works collaboratively with citizens, industry, governments and other stakeholders to enable the sustainable development and strengthen the resilience of Manitoba's agriculture and food processing industries. Skilled, passionate and engaged staff that embrace innovation and continuous improvement are key to the department's success.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary education in Agriculture, Business, Economics or related discipline, or an equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience processing and disseminating market intelligence data, and research data.
- Experience in web design and content production.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms in plain and simple language.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare analytical reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships with various teams, departments and external agencies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of agriculture sector.
The Intelligence Coordinator is responsible for the effective preparation and distribution of the Foresight and Analysis data relating to the agriculture and agri-food sector, ensuring data and information are accessible, secure and functional to support internal and external stakeholders. The Intelligence Coordinator’s work is foundational, supporting efforts to provide data-driven intelligence to inform and enhance the growth of the agriculture and agri-food sectors.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.