New Job Human Resources Consultant In Saskatchewan
|Human Resources Consultant|
Human Resources Consultant
Company : City of Regina
Salary : From $85,000 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
The City of Regina is excited to seek out an experienced Human Resources professional who is a leader in organizational culture, change management and is a strategic thinker. Embedded in the transformational function of organizational effectiveness (OE), your demonstrated ability to lead and support corporate objectives and enhance corporate programs will be an asset to our team.
This position is critical to support the organization in workforce planning, employee engagement, succession planning, rewards and recognition, leadership development and coaching, learning and development, and enhancing corporate training initiatives.
How you’ll be spending your time
- Building strong relationships with HR Business Partners, leaders, and employees to have a positive impact on work relationships, building morale, increasing employee commitment, engagement, productivity and retention
- Developing and delivering high quality programs and services including organizational design and job design, workforce planning, employee engagement, succession planning, learning and development, leadership, organizational culture, coaching, rewards and recognition, change management and performance management
- Develop partnerships with organizational leadership to develop a solid understanding of goals and challenges in order to help create efficiencies within work areas and divisions
- Be a subject matter advisor to leadership, specific program-level clients HR Business Partners and other HR professionals
- Provide subject matter expertise, consulting, and advisory services to leadership to identify risks and bring solutions to organizational HR related issues
- Through formal needs analysis and/or consultations, identifies gaps and/or opportunities for new and/or improved services and programs
- Provide guidance and consultation to HR Business Partners and leaders on effective change management practices and strategies to support organizational performance
- Develop and deliver content specific training to line leadership on a range of programs and services
- Provide facilitation services to support clients in developing, implementing initiatives and solutions, ensuring follow-up and measurement of success
- Engage union leadership, often on contentious issues to build agreement on program design and implementation
- Serves as a facilitator to support building consensus and decision making
- There is a requirement for political acumen given the typical content of discussions; contentious and difficult people related issues, both at an incumbent level and more broadly (groups of employees / full City workforce)
- Proactively identifies potential risks and challenges in advance to ensure mitigation strategies are developed and problems averted (this requires attention to longer term scenario planning)
- HRCs will interact on a one-on-one basis with leadership and employees that require coaching, support and advice
The way people describe you
You are personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the organization. You are an innovative strategic thinker who considers the needs of the corporation and workforce when working towards solutions. You take initiative and provide leadership in the corporate programs you develop and support. You are a demonstrated collaborator and trusted coach.
To be successful in this role, you will bring
- A university degree in a related field such as Business Administration or Commerce
- 5 years experience influencing business outcomes in a Human Resources role
- 5 years as a specialist in organizational effectiveness
- Experience in change management, leadership development, performance management, corporate training, HR program design and delivery
- Business data acumen is an asset
We will consider applicants with equivalent education and experience.
✓ Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
✓ Note: As per the City of Regina's Criminal Record Check Policy, the successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check.
✓ Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $85,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday