New Job Home Care Attendant - Female - Downtown Comm Health & Ss In Manitoba
|Home Care Attendant - Female - Downtown Comm Health & SS|
Home Care Attendant - Female - Downtown Comm Health & SS
Company : WRHA Community Health Services
Salary : $19.37 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 315933
Position Number: 20076161
Posting End Date: June 15, 2022
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Downtown Comm Health & SS
Department / Unit: V6 Downtown Team
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MGEU-HC Support
Anticipated Start Date: 06/07/2022
Anticipated Shift: Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $19.371, $19.813, $20.254, $20.659, $21.075
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Home Care Program helps individuals remain in the familiar environment of their own home by providing health services or assistance with activities of daily living.
Performs assigned tasks for clients which may include personal care, ambulation, transfer, positioning, ensuring medication is taken as directed, feeding and toileting as well as housekeeping, laundry, client nutritional intake and client supervision as identified in Care Plan. Follows protocol for routine practice and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment. Organizes work according to client needs and assigned tasks. Maintains accountability by working with program guidelines, and observing and reporting changes in client conditions to the Resource Coordinator, and maintain client confidentiality. Complete and submits timesheets, mileage reports and other documentation as required.
- Recent experience working with the elderly and/or physically disabled an asset.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Requires a Health Care Aide/Home Care Attendant certificate from an educational institution recognized by the WRHA.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle required in order to make home visits to various clients in the community.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a community setting and to function as a team member.
- Position involves extensive physical activity such as lifting, bending.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens (i.e. residual smoke, pets and or/pet dander), physical and emotional stress.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
- Will include travel between clients with unpredictable driving conditions or potential inclement weather.
- May encounter home environments that could have congested spaces, uneven surfaces (both inside and outside the home environment).
- Ability to travel between assignments in a community area to several private homes of clients within Winnipeg and surrounding areas and to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice required.
- This position is also subject to TB Immunization or Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.