|Finance & Budget Analyst|
Finance & Budget Analyst
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $70,011–$81,101 a year
Location : Yukon
Finance and Budget Analyst
Department of Environment’s Finance branch is seeking a Finance and Budget Analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for supporting the financial management planning activities within the Department, which includes coordinating, and preparing the budgets, budget briefing notes, variance reports, regular financial reports and budget cash flows.
Our ideal candidate strives to build relationships with, and work in partnership with department managers and directors towards supporting them in their financial management responsibilities.
For more information about this position, please contact j[email protected] Director, Finance Branch.
For information on how to apply on this opportunity contact HR Consultant [email protected].
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume)
Please submit your application clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Upon submission of your application you may be required to complete a questionnaire directly related to the essential qualifications for this position. Please note selection for further consideration is based solely on the information you provide in your application.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Experience performing Cash Flow Analysis
- Experience preparing finance briefings for Senior Management
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation and/or policies
- Experience with Transfer Payment Agreements is an asset
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have, and may be assessed on:
- Demonstrated commitment to client service
- Well-honed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong time management to handle multiple priorities
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet budget commitments with tight deadlines
To learn more about what the Yukon Government and the Yukon has to offer, check out these links: Top 100 Employer (since 2014!)
What we offer our employees
Working at the Yukon Government