New Job Finance & Admin Officer In Northwest Territories
|Finance & Admin Officer|
Finance & Admin Officer
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $83,000–$99,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
Dehcho Divisional Education Council
The Finance and Administration Officer reports to the Comptroller and is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the day to day financial, accounting and payroll system within the DDEC central office. The Finance and Administration Officer works independently and is responsible for the day to day operations of specific tasks. The Officer is responsible for maintaining and monitoring internal controls with the Division office and for monitoring the financial reports and processes of the DDEC, schools and DEAs.
- sound knowledge of financial and administrative policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- specific knowledge in the areas of budgeting processes, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledgers, bank reconciliations and year-end financial procedures
- knowledge of payroll systems and procedures and an understanding of payroll deductions and remittances.
- familiar with computer hardware and accounting software.
- sound decision making skills.
- familiarity with, and sensitivity to, the people and cultures of the division.
- analytical and problem solving skills
- effective verbal, written and listening communications skills
- attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- effective organizational skills
- computer skills including computerized accounting programs, word processing, advanced spreadsheet skills, email and Internet
- time management skills
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by;
The above knowledge, skills and abilities would typically be attained by education in a professional and university level accounting program. At least one year work experience in an intermediate position would also be necessary to attain the required qualifications. The person should also be bonded or eligible for a bond application.
Dehcho HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
9602 100 STREET
FORT SIMPSON, NT X0E 0N0
Tel (867) 695-7233
Fax (867) 695-3254
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.