New Job Executive Assistant (Secretary 3) In Nova Scotia
|Executive Assistant (Secretary 3)|
Executive Assistant (Secretary 3)
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $3,627–$4,012 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Temporary
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 7/12/2022 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
The Department of Agriculture’s mandate is the development of competitive, sustainable and profitable agriculture and agri-business industries that contribute to the economic, environmental and social prosperity of Nova Scotia’s rural and urban communities. Our vision is of a Nova Scotia agriculture and agri-food industry that is diversified, market-focused and profitable. We envision an industry recognized for its adaptable, collaborative business approach.
About Our Opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Director, Executive Assistant will perform a wide range of secretarial and administrative duties of responsible and confidential nature. The Executive Assistant will provide senior level support, and perform supervisory responsibility.
As the Executive Assistant, some of your primary accountabilities will include:
- Managing regular correspondence between Executive Director, managers and other individuals
- Coordinating daily operations of Executive Director's office, including organizing schedule, resources and overall planning
- Serving as the main point of contact for large volume of inquiries, including ministerial inquiries.
- Developing, summarizing and coordinating systems for recording and tracking ministerial briefings.
- Conducting information gathering for media issues, initiatives and briefing notes.
- Reviewing, monitoring and responding to Executive Director's mails.
- Liaison with other offices for relaying information across division, and for the purpose of information research and consolidation.
- Serving as the senior administrative support in development and implementation of administrative projects.
- Coordinate division's budget and update various databased to ensure reliable access to information.
May perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
As the successful candidate, you have successfully completed a one-year business course and have several years of senior office administration/secretarial experience.
You are a self-motivated individual who works well independently and participates fully in a team environment. You possess excellent grammar, proofreading and organizational skills along with exceptional ability to manage competing priorities. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to address and manage client inquiries both in person and by phone is essential to your success.
You are experienced in ensuring confidentiality in all your work as well as establishing and building relationships with a variety of stakeholders and other levels of government. You have demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and are familiar with STAR/STOR. Familiarity with SAP, Ariba, and/or Flextrack systems would be considered assets.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Equivalencies may include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a 2-year diploma and 3 years of related experience
- Completion of a related Bachelors degree and 1 year of experience
- At least 5 years of related experience
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
Most of your time is spent in a comfortable office setting. Your normal work week is 35 hours/week, 7 hours/day. You may be required to work overtime on occasion. Occasionally you may need to move or lift objects such as boxes, inventory, or files.
This competition is to fill a temporary position based in Halifax, with the anticipated end date of March 2023.
The appointment status (‘term’, ‘temporary’ or ‘casual’) is dependent on the start date of the successful candidate and the end date of the assignment, in accordance with the collective agreement.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: CL 22
Salary Range: $1,813.71 - $2,006.07 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].