|Director, Strategy and Performance|
Director, Strategy and Performance
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $8,369–$10,461 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union - NSPG
Closing Date: 7/12/2022 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services (SNS-IS) is focused on listening to the needs and expectations of Nova Scotians. Our aim is to deliver inclusive, high-quality, accessible programs and services across multiple channels and lead the transition to a more digitally focused government. We utilize a citizen-centred approach to achieve operational and service excellence, while providing support to our teams and remaining fiscally responsible. SNSIS works to make it simpler, faster, safer, and more secure for our clients and our partners to do what they need to do.
About Our Opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Director, Corporate Services, the Director of Strategy and Performance has a significant role in shaping the strategy agenda for SNS-IS. They lead and oversee the development, promotion and delivery of corporate services that enable SNS-IS to plan, assess and report on the effectiveness of strategies and programs. Working collaboratively across SNS-IS and with internal and external partners and stakeholders, the Director is responsible for strategic planning and performance measurement, measurement of client experience and continuous quality improvement, legislative planning and submission and corporate policies.
In consultation with SNS-IS executive, leads the annual development of business planning (strategy), performance outcomes and quality initiatives, which will ensure minimum service standards are implemented and adhered to across all service channels
Identifies, leads and champions the implementation of performance -metrics and program evaluation methodologies to support a consistent lean approach to program management and business operations.
In collaboration with key stakeholders, responsible for leading and/or supporting the development and refresh of corporate policies.
Facilitates short and long term strategy development and tracking demonstrating foresight, conceptual capability and environmental awareness in relation to accountability frameworks, dashboards, and scorecards keeping the executive team current on progress and potential issues.
Lead and/or participate in discussions with national accreditation bodies (e.g. Excellence Canada) to ensure minimum standards of service excellence are complied with.
Leads and develops a client experience framework for SNS-IS. This includes identifying what the client is looking for and what they value. Framework is built around multi-channel offerings to provide core government services and includes the development, oversight and maintenance of a client/customer resolution framework.
Ensure the effective management of human and financial resources by setting and evaluating staff performance targets, promoting diversity and a healthy workplace
Qualifications and Experience
You are a dynamic and progressive leader who has a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related discipline (e.g., public administration, business/commerce, etc.), coupled with several years of progressive related work experience including experience at the senior leadership level.
In addition to the above:
- You have a proven track record in management and possess an aptitude for detail and accuracy, demonstrate exceptional organizational ability, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- You must have experience leading business planning and strategic planning, preferably in a large organization.
- You have worked in an organization where service excellence is a priority and have experience setting standards and measurement.
- You must be capable of condensing complex issues into understandable, plain-language discussions and excel at nurturing and sustaining excellent stakeholder relations. You must be successful in building networks, able to display strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to motivate high performing teams.
- With a proven track record in a large, complex public sector organization, you will be strategic and innovative in your thinking with an understanding of public sector priorities and reporting requirements.
- You can deliver high level, strategic advice and make decisions in relation to areas of responsibility.
- Senior leadership experience
The Government of Nova Scotia has adopted the LEADS Leadership Framework. During the interview, candidates will be expected to express how they have demonstrated the key behaviours and capabilities required to effectively lead in a caring and inclusive environment.
LEADS Domains include Leads Self, Engage Others, Achieve Results, Develop Coalitions and Systems Transformation.
We will assess the above qualifications and capabilities using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offering and eligibility criteria.
- Normal work week is 35 hours/week, 7 hours/day
- May be required to work overtime on occasion
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career
- Engaging workplace: our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in, we have forward-thinking policies and strategies
- Countless career paths
- Department specific flexible working schedules
Pay Grade: EC 14
Salary Range: $4,184.42 - $5,230.52 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
Current government employees may access this posting through the link below:
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected]