Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $52,333–$62,943 a year
Location : Manitoba
SS1 Statistical Analyst 1
Department of Agriculture
Transformation , Corporate Services and Innovation
Advertisement Number: 39255
Salary(s): SS1 $52,333.00 - $62,943.00 per year
Closing Date: July 8, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The position description is available upon request.
Manitoba Agriculture works collaboratively with citizens, industry, governments and other stakeholders to enable the sustainable development and strengthen the resilience of Manitoba's agriculture and food processing industries. Skilled, passionate and engaged staff that embrace innovation and continuous improvement are key to the department's success.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Degree in statistics, economics, business administration/management, mathematics, actuarial science, computer science, engineering, agriculture, or an equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of database management, data visualization techniques, and basic programming.
- Experience with advanced MS Excel and statistical software such as R, SAS or other software.
- Experience in collection, cleaning, treatment and analysis of data using statistical methods in support of operational, policy or program objectives.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms in plain and simple language.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare analytical reports and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships with various teams, departments and external agencies.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently under limited supervision.
- Experience in web publishing
- Knowledge of the agriculture and agri-food sector
Reporting directly to the Manager, Foresight and Analysis, the Associate Data Scientist sources, compiles, analyzes and interprets data sets for the department to provide data-driven insights in alignment with department and government objectives and priorities. The incumbent provides leadership in developing and implementing the department’s data management, stewardship and governance policies/guidelines to ensure appropriate data standards and processes are in place to assure data consistency, quality, and security. The incumbent provides assistance to Data Scientists and other specialists with data preparation and processing, including compilation, cleaning, entering, tabulating and validating.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.