|Customer Experience Officer, Private banking|
Customer Experience Officer, Private banking
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 145312
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Customer Experience Officer is responsible for contributing to the Private Banking unit’s overall success by providing superior service and administrative support to the Private Banking Team. The incumbent possesses a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s Commercial, Small Business and Retail products and services. His/her primary focus is to assist with documentation, client transactions, compliance, and ensuring established policies and procedures are followed to mitigate risk to the Bank. The responsibilities include adherence to Bank security procedures, identifying referral opportunities and revenue leakage.
1. Provide superior service and support to Clients and to the Private Banking Unit by:
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Bank’s Commercial, Small Business and Retail Banking products and services to be positioned to meet our High Net Worth Client’s ongoing needs;
- Responding promptly and effectively to requests, concerns and complaints from clients and the Private Banking Team Providing a high level of service and support combined with innovative approaches to resolving Client’s and the Private Banking Team’s service issues while adhering to policy and procedures;
- Taking full responsibility for all Client inquiries/concerns/complaints directed to him/her and resolving those issues within their discretion to the client’s satisfaction or by escalating to the appropriate source, as set out in the Bank’s Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures;
- Assisting the Private Banking Team by preparing documentation packages for credit, deposit accounts and investment product set-ups accurately and efficiently.
2. Assist in ensuring the Bank’s risk profile is mitigated by:
- Ensuring all Business Authentication requirements are adhered to in order to protect the integrity of the Client and Bank information;
- Completion of any returns/reporting requirements accurately and submitting to the appropriate authority in a timely manner;
- Completing all function-specific documentation accurately as per Bank standards in order to protect both the organization and the Private Banking Unit;
- Providing timely and meaningful client information and/or analysis to Private Banking Sales Officers thereby facilitating the decision making process for risk management.
3. Contribute to the quality and efficiency of branch operations as well as compliance with regulatory and internal bank guidelines by:
- Adhering to cash, custody and security procedures and Bank policies at all times;
- Adhering to position authorities and bank policies;
- Accurately processing daily transactions and Service Requests from Salesforce originated by the Private Banking Team and Clients;
- Checking/authorizing transactions with approved limits;
- Daily completion of the Accounting Support Package as outlined in the ASP at a glance for Sales Support Officers document;
- Executing necessary corrections as identified through exception reporting and submitting through Worklist to RSC for processing
- Assisting with implementing changes to operation procedures and systems to increase efficiency and meet Bank regulations;
- Complying with regulatory requirements as part of the service process, including Know Your Client (KYC), Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL), Privacy and Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) and Scotia Securities Inc. (SSI)guidelines/processes;
- Ensuring thorough knowledge of, and strict adherence to, the Bank’s Global Sales Principles
- Immediately reporting/escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to the PB Client Service Lead, Identifying and referring to the appropriate Private Banking Team existing and new business opportunities through his/her ongoing client contact;
- Ensuring workstations and surrounding areas are organized and present a professional image.
- The incumbent requires a high degree of client focus to deliver to the elevated Private Banking / Wealth Management standard for consistent delivery of the client experience.
- Previous Retail Branch experience required.
- Bilingual in English and French
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.