|Client Services Officer, Roynat Capital (Dartmouth, NS)|
Client Services Officer, Roynat Capital (Dartmouth, NS)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Requisition ID: 154993
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the District Office, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Client Services Officer is responsible for providing efficient and high-quality support to a team of Relationship Managers in the District Office environment. The CSO provides administrative support on the day-to-day operations of the office. He/she supports Relationship Managers on new and existing deals by spreading financial statements, populating some components of the credit application, preparing documents related to the deal.
Is This Role Right for You? In this role, you will:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides support to Relationship Managers and the District Director/ District Manager on new and existing deals
- Contributing to the completion of credit applications by the Relationship Manager including forms, initial financial information, obtaining credit reports and supplier contacts.
- Contributing to client portfolio management by reviewing and obtaining required authorizations, gathering supporting documentation including property taxes, appraisals, insurance, environmental certificates and financial statements, and ensuring all client correspondence and sundry files are up to date.
- Spreading financial statement data and where possible, providing basic analysis to identify trends and changes in revenue streams.
- Ensures effective and timely communication with all Roynat employees, Centers of Influence, Roynat clients, and Partners
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Successful completion of a university program with a focus on commerce, economics, finance and/or accounting.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a financial accounting or loan processing/credit adjudication environment.
- Good knowledge of the Canadian Commercial Banking marketplace is an asset.
- Applicants with accounting experience or possess a financial analysis background are preferred
What we’re offering:
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Internal training to support your career growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.