|Clerk B - Accounts Receivable Clerk|
Clerk B - Accounts Receivable Clerk
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Financial Services, the Accounts Receivable/Billing Support Clerk is responsible for billing and processing payments; reconciling, maintaining and analyzing reports; servicing the general public; preparing and performing other related duties in order to provide financial support for the Brady Road Landfill and 4R Winnipeg Depots.
As the Clerk B – Accounts Receivable/Billing Support you will:
- Be responsible for the development of various reports, and reconciling, maintaining and analyzing of the reports.
- Be responsible for billing and processing of payments received. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform necessary calculations for in-person sales.
- Accept cash, cheques, debit and/or credit card payments.
- Process payments through the computerized Accounts Receivable system.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of recording for all transactions and payments received.
- Authorize the setting up of new accounts.
- Ensure account authorizations are obtained and filed for charge accounts.
- Be responsible for the Weigh Scale Operation. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operate weigh scale equipment (metric units of weight) to weigh vehicles entering disposal area.
- Maintain a record of refuse disposal activities.
- Determine weight and type of refuse load, utilizing computerized weigh scale for financial and operational control purposes. Estimate refuse weights if scale equipment is in non-working order.
- Inquire with customer what the load content is and if material is unacceptable advises customer of alternate disposal options.
- Maintain the scale to zero, as required. If function of scale is hampered by significant snow or ice accumulation notifies on site Solid Waste Foreman or Equipment Operator to clear the scale.
- Maintain receipt printer in WEXX lane to ensure equipment functioning correctly (e.g. change printer rolls, minor troubleshooting / resetting, etc.).
- Make necessary arrangements for maintenance if equipment fails to function correctly.
- May be required to make court appearances if fine has been levied to customer for failing to cover load.
- Ensure radiation detection devices are working as intended and make arrangements for maintenance.
- Ensure surveillance systems are working as intended and make arrangements for maintenance.
- Respond to customer enquiries and complaints. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Determine and clarify the nature of the enquiry and the action required.
- Provide explanations of the Departmental billing and credit collection policies and procedures, and billing and adjustments to customers.
- May restrict or deny access to the landfill because of arrears on an account.
- Be responsible for balancing own daily receipts, preparing cash deposits and maintaining / balancing cash float. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Search and correct errors if payments and receipts do not balance.
- Record deposits in the daily deposit spreadsheet, cheque logs and runs daily reports.
- Prepare journal entries (utilizing the PeopleSoft system) and submit for approval.
- Ensure all internal controls are maintained including PCI compliance.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the position, as assigned, including but not limited to providing coverage for other Clerk B’s and the Clerk C - Landfill Billing.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 or G.E.D. equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have one (1) year experience directly related to the job duties of the position or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to type accurately at 40 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency (basic level) in the use of software, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Suitable for a position handling public funds and able to effectively work with financial records and balance cash.
- Demonstrated ability to control and balance various accounting records and summaries.
- Demonstrated ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to a variety of people both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including time management and workload prioritization.
- Knowledge of the Solid Waste By-Law and associated regulations, particularly as they relate to disposal and acceptable materials.
- Carries out established safety rules and regulations for the protection of self, co-workers, customers, property and equipment.
- Previous experience with the computerized Wasteworks system would be preferred.
- Knowledge of and previous experience working with the Department’s billing system would be preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards, safety precautions, regulations and procedures that is applicable to the area of work.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Prior to commencement of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by providing a Government of Manitoba issued QR code and photo identification.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful applicant, at their expense.
- Must be able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented