|Career Service Consultant|
Career Service Consultant
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $28.12–$35.24 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is an exciting workplace that recognizes and empowers its people, promotes continuous learning and improvement, and provides value for our clients. We offer dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity.
The mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people working together as a team in order to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity, and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as one team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
The Career Services Branch is seeking three (3) permanent Career Service Consultant to provide support to the operation of Career Services Office in Regina and Saskatoon. One position will be staffed in Regina and two positions will be staff in Saskatoon. Career Service Consultants are highly-skilled individuals with a strong background in career/employment services and adult training methods to help provide access to education, employment and training opportunities to a wide variety of individuals in order to increase their self-sufficiency. Career Service Consultants work in partnership with community agencies and businesses to foster economic development and job creation.
Reporting to the Career Development Service Unit Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting client employability assessments, career planning and client case management;
- Negotiating and managing training and employment contracts with community stakeholders;
- Facilitating workshops and information sessions to variety of audiences;
- Assisting clients through the Employability dimensions and career development journey;
- Accurately recording and documenting pertinent information in accordance with data standards; and
- Communicating information that persuades, convinces, builds support, educates and promotes understanding verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
Our candidate of choice will have:
- The ability to apply methods, theories and approaches related to adult career counseling and conducting client employability assessments;
- Knowledge of the basic concepts and principles of contract management and the contract management life cycle;
- Knowledge of current local and provincial labour market initiatives and information and trends and economic issues;
- The ability to consult and collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to establish partnerships, obtain, exchange and confirm information, establish and maintain agreements, identify solutions, develop and maintain standards;
- The ability to plan, develop and deliver information and/or facilitate workshop sessions at a level appropriate to the audience; and
- The ability to identify and assess relevant data, trends and opportunities, consider a variety of options, then determine and implement an appropriate course of action.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be attained through a human services degree, diploma or a certificate program related to adult client counseling and the contract management life cycle.
What We Offer:
The Saskatchewan Public Service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Inclusive work environment;
- Support for work-life balance; and
- Vacation and earned days off (EDOs).