New Job Calgary Police Service - Senior Risk Advisor In Alberta
|Calgary Police Service - Senior Risk Advisor|
Calgary Police Service - Senior Risk Advisor
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $79,059–$119,373 a year
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Senior Risk Advisor in Audit and Risk Management Section you will be responsible for identifying the highest corporate risk areas that may affect the Service’s ability to deliver on its objectives. This includes developing and presenting recommendations on risk management strategies for discussion and decision-making by the Executive and Senior Leadership Team. Primary duties include:
- Lead the coordination and facilitate the integration of the key corporate risk management strategies into reports for Executive and Senior Leadership Team for Calgary Police Commission (CPC).
- Provide guidance and influence on the Executive and Senior Leadership Team (ELT & SLT) on risk management strategies through the facilitation of risk management meetings and presenting analysis and recommendations. This includes preparing presentations and briefings for the ELT / SLT and working ensure appropriate follow-up on actions.
- Applying a high level of political and business acumen to gain support of senior managers across the Service to identify, manage, and report on risk management and risk tolerance levels.
- Liaise with key stakeholders (internal and external) to identify emerging risks and developments in External Forces & Conditions (EF&C) such as political, social, technical, demographic, and economic to clarify information, analyze data, and develop reports and presentations for discussion and decision-making.
- Manage the assessment and reporting of risks related to service objectives and the various risks that may have considerable financial impact on the Corporation while consulting with senior management and the ELT on the development of risk profiles.
- Review existing risk management practices and reporting methods at the corporate level and identify gaps through in-depth analysis.
- Ensure that reporting products provide value through ongoing consultation with stakeholder groups including the ELT / SLT, all level of leadership and CPC.
- Continually monitor and identify Corporate high priority risk and risk management initiatives by analyzing and evaluating Business Unit risks identified in the quarterly business plan reports.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of related experience OR 3 years full-time education plus 1-year practical experience as outlined in an applied degree program (e.g., Commerce, Public Administration, Busines Administration, Economics) plus 8 years of related experience.
- MBA, CA, or CGA is considered an asset.
- This Position requires strong analytical thinking, communication, coaching and development skills, change management, efficiency, and thoroughness, focus on results, and relationship building.
- An enhanced security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Calgary Police Service
Position Type: 1 Permanent
Location: 5111 - 47 ST NE
Compensation: Level E $79,059 - $119,373 Per annum
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with/earning 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: July 14, 2022
Job ID #: 305906