|Bilingual Social Worker (Counsellor)|
Bilingual Social Worker (Counsellor)
Company : Lifeworks
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Bilingual Client Care Counsellor
No matter where you work or what services you provide, therapy is a rewarding and fulfilling career—but that doesn’t mean there aren’t serious advantages to working with an industry leader.
As a global mental healthcare organization, Lifeworks has the experience, resources, and reach to provide a one-of-a-kind clinical environment.
Unlike public positions that are lined with red tape, or private practices that can be costly to operate, Lifeworks empowers your clinical impact by letting you focus on what matters most: helping people get better.
And because our platform reduces barriers to those seeking help, you’ll see a diverse range of perspectives and situations from patients; our clients are teachers and technicians, CEOs and service workers.
We even provide comprehensive training, flexible scheduling, and a work laptop, so you’ll never be on your own.
Interested in learning more? Just keep reading and apply below!
As a Bilingual Care Counsellor, you’ll provide immediate counselling services by phone and chat.
Calls are single sessions, typically running from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on the situation, risk assessment, and client needs.
Your first priority will be to perform a risk assessment and ensure the safety of everyone involved. Next, you’ll need to set concrete goals and plans with the client to ensure that they have the tools they need when your (short!) time together is over.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Provide immediate telephone crisis counseling/interventions to employees and family members of customer organizations
- Provide immediate information and support to the caller requesting a trauma or other workplace intervention
- Respond to warm transfers of clients who request to speak to a Counselor during their initial call for services
- Identify the present problem and determine appropriate service response level according to standards
- Assess client’s needs and provide telephone counseling when the client is not prepared to accept a referral, or book an appointment with another Counselor
- Provide consultation to callers who are requesting an Assisted Referral for an Employee Assistance Program assessment
The Clinical Environment
Because the vast majority of clients are calling with an immediate need, BCCCs have a unique clinical environment where conversations are goal-oriented, with a focus on the here and now. That means your clients will always be motivated, and you will always have the chance to make an impact.
Because clients are coming through their EAPs, you’ll find yourself speaking to a diverse range of people coming from a wide range of circumstances. This poses both a challenge and an opportunity; on the one hand, you’ll never have the same conversations about someone’s divorce over and over. On the other hand, you’ll need to be prepared to deal with real human trauma and problems, and be able to navigate a wide range of situations with insight and compassion.
Counselling isn’t easy, especially when you could be covering everything from substance abuse to trauma or workplace conflicts; our comprehensive training program includes
- 6 weeks formal training that covers clinical practices and technology
- 4 days of job shadowing before starting counselling
- Supervision from an experienced counsellor while you take your first calls
This will be a remote position with set shifts that will depend on availability, preference, and your time zone; you’ll need to work at least three 8 hour shifts per week, typically starting from 7am at the earliest and ending at 12 midnight at the latest.
Here are some perks to joining the team:
- Benefits for anyone working 3+ days per week
- Company laptop, monitor and headset for remote workers
- Full access to Lifeworks services
- Ability to transfer within Lifeworks’ global community (we operate in 12 different countries, from Australia to Canada, and plenty of places in between)
- Lots of room for growth with an industry leader in a booming industry
If you speak with our employees, they’ll say the best part of Lifeworks is the awesomeness of our team. While a lot of us work remotely, there are still tonnes of opportunities to connect, learn, and share experiences. Whether through group chats, mentoring, or personal support, our team builds lasting relationships with each other.
Given our incredible growth, when you join Lifeworks you’ll get more than just a job—you’ll get a range of career paths that will empower your clinical journey.
- MA in psychology, social work, sexology, clinical counselling, clinical psychology or similar
- Membership in good standing in your provincial college (OPQ, etc.)
- Fluently bilingual (French/English)
- Strong risk assessment skills regarding child welfare, self-harm, substance abuse etc.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
Applying with Raise
Raise Recruiting is an established healthcare, IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.