New Job Attendant, Facility In Yukon
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: July 12, 2022 at 0500 p.m. Yukon Standard Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Job Code: 043
Department: Recreation and Facility Services
The incumbent supplies operational, maintenance, repairs and preventative maintenance services to the Canada Games Centre, Takhini Arena and Mt. Mac Recreation Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance, minor repairs and light janitorial services at the Canada Games Centre, Takhini Arena and Mt. McIntyre Recreation Centre.
- Answers or distributes enquiries.
- Enforces established standards of conduct and decorum.
- Maintains and assists with installation of the ice surface.
- Implements the established preventative maintenance routine, reports defects and records daily operations of the arenas.
- Assists in the compilation of user statistics and prepares reports.
- Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Acts as Operations Supervisor as assigned.
This description contains the elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Hours of work 4 x 10 hour shifts per week between the hours of 0500-0100 Sunday-Saturday. Exposed to occasional disagreeable conditions including dust/dirt, grease/oil, inclement weather and temperature extremes and hazardous substances.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Grade 12
- First Aid and CPR Level C - 16 hours
- Class 5 driver’s License
- Arena Operators Certificate, Level II - 80 hours
- Previous experience - 2 years arenas and/or Multi use facility experience
- On-the-job experience - 2.5 months
- Interpersonal skills and able to function as a team player
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Required to Operate Equipment Such As:
- Ice resurfacing and ice maintenance equipment
- Ice refrigeration systems
- Janitorial equipment
- Basic carpentry and small power tools
- Communications and office equipment
- Computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Explorer, Outlook and ERP
- City vehicles, trailers, bobcat and snow removal equipment
Covid-19 Note: The City of Whitehorse recently lifted requirements for all new hires be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 before their start date. The Covid-19 situation continues to evolve and the previous vaccination requirements for all current City employees and new hires may be re-instated, should the prevailing status change. The City of Whitehorse continues to follow the direction and recommendations from Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) and public health authorities.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview