|Administrative Support Coordinator|
Administrative Support Coordinator
Company : Rural Municipality of Cartier
Salary : $24.50–$27.59 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Rural Municipality of Cartier
Job Posting: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Job Title: Administrative Support Coordinator
Term: Full-Time Position
Location: Rural Municipality of Cartier
28 PR 248 S – Elie, Manitoba
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: June 30, 2022 at 4:30 pm
The RM of Cartier is seeking an Administrative Support Coordinator to assist with various core administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be an integral part in delivering services and programs that affect all residents and stakeholders in the Municipality. If you are interested in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to make a difference in a growing, progressive community – we invite you to apply to join our team!
The core responsibilities of this position are:
· Customer & Administrative Services
· Grants & Funding
· Asset Management
· Policies, Procedures & By-Law Stewardship
Job Duties and Responsibilities
o Answering and directing phone calls; front reception coverage, taking payments, and responding to inquiries either via verbal or written methods.
o Other miscellaneous duties relating to planning and development, economic development, and recreation and culture.
o Assist with batch communication efforts to residents with print, post, or digital means.
o Assistance with basic accounting duties such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and cash balancing.
o Potential to be trained for payroll duties.
o Retrieval, storage, repositioning, digitizing, collating boxes of records and / or restocking of supplies; this requires some lifting, step ladder climbing, or short distance carrying of materials of approx. 10-15 kg.
o Regular pick-up and delivery of mail and bank deposits.
Grants and Funding
o Researching grant opportunities and assisting with grant and funding applications.
o Reporting on active projects funded by grant monies as required.
o Assisting the Chief Administrative Officer and other staff with implementing the Asset Management Program.
o Use of Asset Management software to catalogue accurate information relating to municipal assets which may involve external site visits to confirm information.
o Information capture relating to municipal assets, developing Asset Management processes and systems, and reporting on / analysis of Asset Management related requirements.
o Drafting and implementing Asset Management policies, plans, and strategies.
o Corresponding with other municipal employees, including working closely with the Public Works Department, towards executing Asset Management objectives.
Policies, Procedures & By-Law Stewardship
o Drafting, updating, and reviewing municipal policies, procedures, and processes as required.
o Updating, revising, and researching requirements for municipal by-laws.
o Drafting new by-laws for the municipality in accordance with relevant legislation and Council directives.
Required Qualifications, Experiences, and Competencies
- Previous experience working in an office environment for at least 1 year.
- Customer service skills and the ability to establish positive and collaborative working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management competencies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research and generate ideas/solutions.
- Software knowledge and experience using the Microsoft 365 core applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint)
- Ability to learn new software such as ShareNet, Provincial Land Use and Development mapping system, and All-Net applications.
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences, and Competencies
· Post-secondary education or related course work is considered an asset.
· Previous experience in a municipal or government setting, preferably in an administrative capacity, is considered an asset.
· Previous experience developing and submitting written works such as reports, policies, processes, funding applications will be looked at as a value-add to the candidate’s capability profile.
· Knowledge of provincial and/or municipal procedures, jurisdictions, and legislation (I.e.: The Municipal Act, Assessment Act & Planning Act, etc.) is considered an asset; but not required.
· Past accounting experience or duties is considered a valuable asset.
Please send a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Michael Lackmanec, Chief Administrative Officer by 4:30 pm, June 30, 2022.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation related to any materials or activities used throughout the selection process or with respect to any accessibility concerns are encouraged to contact the RM of Cartier’s Chief Administrative Officer, Michael Lackmanec at (204) 353-2214 to discuss and make these arrangements.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.50-$27.59 per hour
- Monday to Friday
The RM of Cartier follows all Provincial Health Guidelines.
Application deadline: 2022-06-30
Expected start date: 2022-07-04