New Job Administrative Officer In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $48,399–$55,132 a year
Location : Manitoba
CL4 Administrative Officer
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Claimant Adviser Office, Consumer Protection
Advertisement Number: 39398
Salary(s): CL4 $48,399.00 - $55,132.00 per year
Closing Date: July 7, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be established and used for positions that become available over the next 12 months.
The Administrative Officer acts as the intake officer for the Claimant Adviser Office (the CAO) providing information to claimants with respect to the function of the CAO, the appeal process and the Manitoba Public Insurance Act (“MPIC Act”) as it relates to the claimant’s appeal. In addition, the position oversees the financial and administrative operation of the CAO and acts as administrative support to the role of the Director.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary education in administration, accounting, finance or a similar field. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in financial management, such as: financial reporting; accounting and preparation of budgets and cash flows.
- Experience in office administration including managing staff, files and office logistics.
- Experience interpreting and applying financial and administration policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize work to meet strict deadlines.
- Effective written communication skills, to present ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Experience working with SAP or similar computerized systems.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in French.
The Administrative Officer acts as an Intake Officer for the office, providing accurate information on the role and function of the office and the MPIC Act as it relates to appeals of Internal Review Decisions. The position assists clients identify and file the appropriate documentation within specified deadlines, to the Automobile Injury Compensation Appeal Commission. The position is responsible for processing, producing and maintaining financial documentation and financial reports, as well as various administrative duties including including creating physical and electronic files, preparing and receiving correspondence, scheduling meetings, processing and archiving closed files, and other related administrative duties. This position provides direct supervision to administrative staff.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.