New Job Administrative Assistant In British Columbia
Company : National Research Council Canada
Salary : $43,897–$58,205 a year
Location : British Columbia
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our Herzberg Astronomy and Astrophysics Research Centre. The Administrative Assistant would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
The selected candidate provides general administrative support. Some of the duties of the position may include: coordinating meetings (including events and seminars); making and revising travel arrangements; preparing correspondence, reports and presentations; establishing and maintaining filing and signing systems and responding to general enquiries. Other duties associated with this research environment may include procurement, visitor and non-salaried worker coordination and timesheet coordination.
The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the machinery that enables the NRC to do what we do!
Remarkable Work Environment
- The Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory (DRAO) is located south of Penticton, British Columbia amongst vast and beautiful scenery.
- NRC employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans. Vacation starts at 3 weeks, 3 weeks of sick leave, offices are closed between December 25 and January 1, we have 5 days of family related leave and employees are entitled to 2 days of personal leave.
We invite you to submit your candidacy to join and contribute to our team!
To know more about the NRC and the advantage, please visit our website.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards.
Post-secondary education in administration may be considered an asset.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Experience providing administrative support services such as arranging meetings, making travel arrangements, processing travel claims, creating and maintaining files, or data entry.
- Experience with MS Office suite products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in purchasing and/or procurement considered an asset.
- Experience using the SAP system, or a similar ERP system, considered an asset.
Condition of Employment
- Reliability Status
- Must be able to work in a physical environment requiring manual dexterity, crouching, bending and handling bulky objects.
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of office administration procedures and practices such as arranging meetings; making travel arrangements; processing travel claims and preparing correspondence considered a strong asset.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to provide information, explain processes and respond to queries.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to draft memos and correspondence considered an asset.
- Management services - Client focus (Level 2)
- Management services - Communication (Level 1)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 1)
- Management services - Results orientation (Level 1)
- Management services - Teamwork (Level 1)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile(s): Management Services
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
From $43,897 to $58,205 per annum.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- Commuting assistance will be determined in accordance with NRC directives.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (17510) to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 12 July 2022 - 23:59 Eastern Time