New Job Administration And Vehicle Tax Clerk (Clerk 3) In Nova Scotia
|Administration and Vehicle Tax Clerk (Clerk 3)|
Administration and Vehicle Tax Clerk (Clerk 3)
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $3,158–$3,534 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 7/12/2022 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
At Service Nova Scotia & Internal Services (SNS-IS), we impact every citizen, business, and municipality in Nova Scotia. Our mission is to design and deliver programs and services to meet the needs of our clients and the public good through a culture of excellence.
About Our Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Office and Tax Admin, Collection Services, you are responsible for a variety of clerical duties.
- Providing support to Collectors throughout a segregation of duties that include processing payments, updating information as well as entering new business into our Amanda system, reviewing month end financials as well as preparation of journal vouchers and cheque requisitions, keeping track and preparing legal documents.
- Also providing support to the Tax Commission as a Vehicle Tax Clerk providing excellent customer service through mail, phone, and email. You will respond to complex enquiries from the public as well as ANS offices based on policy and procedures for tax collection on Privately Sold Vehicles. Reviewing information to confirm trades as well as follow-up on unpaid accounts.
- On occasion, you will liaise with other Government departments and outside agencies such as Financial Institutions, Client Departments, Car Dealers, and Solicitors.
- You will be trusted to record debtors’ personal information on many computer programs where your commitment to confidentiality will be expected. You will be trusted to work independently as well as with a team.
Qualifications and Experience
- You will have 4 years’ customer service experience or a combination of training and experience
- Possess the ability to scrutinize and reconcile information to detect and resolve discrepancies
- You will possess a high aptitude and ability to acquire, retain, and apply policies, procedures, processes, and forms.
- You will have excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize duties
- You will possess analytical and critical thinking abilities to problem-solving skills and the ability to manage large volumes of workflow while maintaining accuracy and meeting service level objectives.
- You are able to react and adjust positively to changes in work environment and in policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of SNS programs, policies, procedures, and legislative requirements are an asset.
- You will possess excellent data entry skills and ability to use computer applications and software to support business processes including those in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Experience in SAP, AMANDA, RMV as well as a familiarity with the Revenue Act would be considered an asset.
- Bilingual ability in French and English would be considered an asset
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application
Based on the employment status and union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: CL 18
Salary Range: $1,579.09 - $1,766.79 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].