New Job Accounting Clerk In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $61,803–$71,489 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is for a full time term position, working 75-hours biweekly until March 31, 2023. Temporary Assignments may be considered; if you have approval from your supervisor, you are encouraged to apply.
Yukon government’s vision is an engaged and diverse public service that embraces innovation to deliver positive outcomes for Yukoners.
Who we are…
As the responsible stewards of public funds, the Department of Finance partners to ensure value for money in the delivery of programs and services for Yukoners. The Department of Finance serves as the territory’s statistical body and develops the territorial budget, corresponding supplementary budgets and Public Accounts for the territory. It is also responsible for negotiating, coordinating and representing Yukon on inter-governmental financial matters with other jurisdictions. In its capacity as a central agency, the department works with all areas of government in the creation of their annual departmental budgets and in processing operational accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
Financial Accounting manages, administers and controls the Yukon Consolidated Revenue Fund, including the provision of centralized corporate accounting services, the reconciliation and management of all bank accounts and administration of government acquisition cards. This unit also prepares the Public Accounts and financial statements, including coordinating the audit activities with the Office of the Auditor General of Canada.
The Accounting Clerk, reports to the Manager, Financial Accounting. This position monitors and reconciles several of the Yukon Government’s bank accounts; administers the government’s acquisition card program; assists in the preparation of financial statements and schedules and performs other statutory reporting and problem-shooting duties required to support the achievement of the Financial Accounting Branch’s mandate.
Important application requirements:
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications. Emphasize how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential and asset qualifications listed below. Note that selection for further consideration is based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
Include the month and year you started and ended a job when you list your work experience. This allows us to accurately calculate the length of time you were in the position.
For more information on how to prepare and submit your resume visit this resource page on Yukon.ca.
- Coursework in Office Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Experience applying bookkeeping/accounting principles (including performing bank reconciliation functions) in a government setting
- Experience in cash receipting, accounts receivable and /or accounts payable
- Experience providing front-line customer service to a wide variety of clients
- Experience working with computer software such as web-based banking, Excel, Word, Quest and FM
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
To best support the achievement of key strategic and business objectives, candidates may be assessed on:
- Thinking Strategically
- Promoting Common Values and Ethics
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy when performing high volume data review
- Problem solving and taking initiative
- A strong client service focus
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Conditions of Employment: Security Clearance to be obtained 30 days from hire