New Job Accountant In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $48,720–$55,964 a year
Location : Manitoba
AK2 Accounting Clerk 2
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Public Guardian and Trustee, Consumer Protection
Advertisement Number: 39256
Salary(s): AK2 $48,720.00 - $55,964.00 per year
Closing Date: July 7, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Position description is available upon request.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and resume. See below for further instructions.
Click here to access the application form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Experience reconciling multiple bank accounts with large volumes of transactions
- Experience completing daily verification and recording of deposits, Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT), stop payments, encoding errors, wire transfers, returned cheques, direct deposits, bank drafts and cheque verifications
- Experience reconciling general ledger accounts for client cash, working capital and sundries, or any type of suspense account
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet ongoing deadlines
- Attention to details with the ability to produce accurate work
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective written communication skills with the ability to provide clear and concise written documents to the public
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience supervising staff and assigning workloads
- Experience working with Trust Accounting
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Accountant, the Accountant is responsible for the coordination of high volume daily processing of receipts, cheques and journal entries posted to the computerized accounting system of the Public Guardian and Trustee. The Accountant must ensure the accurate and timely processing of these accounting entries in order that all sections of the Public Guardian and Trustee have reliable and current financial data which is critical for the management of clients’ accounts.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and resume. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Click here to access the application form
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.