|Systems Analyst, Accessible Transportation|
Systems Analyst, Accessible Transportation
Company : Regional Municipality of Peel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Reporting to the Manager, Assessment & Reception you will provide technology subject matter expertise on multiple software products and systems at an operational and technical level. You will also be responsible for the planning, implementation and ongoing support of all Trapeze applications and systems including hardware and related technology projects pertaining to Accessible Transportation and TransHelp.
- Provide technical applications support to users in TransHelp, the Customer Contact Centre and external service providers, including set up of users and provide appropriate system access rights and troubleshooting of complex issues on function and usage of Trapeze software and applications
- Implementation and upgrades of the systems
- Collaborate with IT on execution of project activities
- Prepare project documentation schedules, resource requirements, status reports and other documentation
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the division’s procedure, developments, trends and events
- Supports the roll-out of new applications
- College diploma or degree in computer sciences, or related discipline with a minimum of five years related experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Working knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Proficient using MS Office products, Computer Aided Dispatch/Automatic Vehicle Location (CAD/AVL), GPS technology, Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of systems and technology used in delivery of mass transit services
- A strong understanding of Relational Database Management Systems and SQL, experience with Trapeze Software is considered an asset
- Polished communication skills, including writing and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills and orientation including the demonstrated ability to work constructively and flexibly with client groups
- Demonstrated ability in establishing productive relationships with business partners, clients and staff
- Excellent research capabilities
- Effective organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills
Location: In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 2 Copper Road, Brampton, ON worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ , or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated , a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected] We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.