Company : City of Richmond Hill
Salary : $42.45 - $49.65 an hour
Location : Ontario
Richmond Hill Public Library is committed to enriching your connections, choices and community. It has four branches, with 72,700 registered members and over three million online and in-person uses. Members use 2.1M collection items annually, and 66,700 people attend its programs. As a 21st century Library we continue to adapt to change in various ways which includes empowering staff through teamwork, development and a celebration of curiosity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties include:
- Opening and closing of the library Supervising Sunday staff
- Dealing with building issues
- Presenting and enforcing the library’s services and policies to the public Acts as a resource for staff
Duties and Responsibilities Cont'd (if applicable)
Education and Experience
- Master of Library/Information Science Degree from an ALA accredited program
- Minimum of three years relevant experience, applicable to the public library environment including supervisory experience
- Strong supervisory, management, communication and interpersonal skills Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends Commitment to superior customer service
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of the elements that make up superior public library programs and information services including current trends, resources and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior information service to a wide range of library users in a busy automated environment, including instruction and assistance in the use of new technologies
- Ability to work effectively with customers of all ages and backgrounds; experience working with users from a wide variety of cultural, economic, social and educational backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding of public libraries and awareness of contemporary services, programs and collections
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate community-centric conversations and programs Ability to work effectively outside of traditional library activities and settings
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to: Communicate in a highly effective manner with a full range of customers and staff members; Mediate and resolve conflict effectively
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
Richmond Hill Public Library Values
- Intellectual Freedom
- Literacy and Lifelong Learning
About Richmond Hill Public Library
Richmond Hill Public Library is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
This position may be relocated to another location in the future to meet service needs for the community. All applicants should understand that the ability to work at any library location is a requirement of this position.
Please note, to be considered for a career opportunity at the City of Richmond Hill you must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada (or the World Health Organization). You may also be required to receive any COVID-19 boosters recommended by public health authorities. The City of Richmond Hill will consider cases requiring accommodation as stipulated by relevant employment standards legislation or regulation and/or the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Library will require a current Vulnerable Sector Screening from the successful applicant as a condition of employment.
Attention Internal Candidates: All current City of Richmond Hill employees are required to apply via the ‘View Jobs for Current Employees’ link on the City’s Careers Page.