|Senior Developer, Scotia Digital ( Vancouver Hub)|
Senior Developer, Scotia Digital ( Vancouver Hub)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 135802
Cost Centre: [[costCenter]]
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $2,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
About the role
Contributes to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Lead development activities as the senior member of the scrum team, planning and executing to meet sprint objectives as well as program/project milestones
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Collaborate with the Scrum team to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- In depth knowledge of programming languages, frameworks, utilities, and other technologies used by the team
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience
- Project management skills to map and execute short and long term plans for the team
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in [email protected] will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.