Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Be part of a crew working as a Seasonal Labourer! We have positions in various areas within the Public Works Department including Parks & Open Space and Streets Maintenance. Duties may include but are not limited to: grounds maintenance, pesticide application for pest and/or weed control, preparation/clean-up of worksites, assisting with traffic control, operating and general maintenance of various types of tools and equipment, maintaining clean and safe shops and yards.
As the Seasonal Labourer you will:
- Perform physically demanding laboring functions required for various areas, such as but not limited to: shoveling, trimming, weeding, spraying, cleaning, watering, cultivating, worksite preparation and set-up, worksite take-down and clean-up
- Assist with controlling traffic and barricade/sign removal
- Operate, clean, and maintain various tools and equipment to department standards
- Complete reports and/or records as required in written and/or electronic format
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Follow established safe work practices, operating policies and procedures
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 10 education or equivalent
- Previous landscaping and/or construction experience, which could include: sodding, lawn/turf maintenance, painting, concrete work, asphalt work
- Ability to use various types of hand and power tools
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with staff and the general public
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- A valid Manitoba Driver’s Licence is preferred.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Prior to commencement of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by providing a Government of Manitoba issued QR code and photo identification or providing proof of an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination approved by the Government of Manitoba.
- If the successful applicant(s) possess and maintain a valid Manitoba drivers licence a Driver’s Notice will be required.
- The successful applicant(s) will be required to provide personal protective safety boots at their own expense.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods and over uneven terrain.
- Must be physically capable of performing duties of the position. (e.g. capable of lifting and moving objects at least 50lbs).
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented