|Research and Systems Librarian|
Research and Systems Librarian
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $76,874 - $89,135 a year
Location : Yukon
This is a full-time indeterminate position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
At Energy, Mines and Resources, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable resource sector, managed in partnership with Yukoners. We embrace a work environment where problem solving, creativity, teamwork, risk management and personal effort result in the attainment of our goals and those of our clients.
The Yukon Energy, Mines and Resources Library provides research and information services to diverse clients (public, government, mineral prospectors, consultants, and more) and provides ILS management for two other Government of Yukon departments. We are looking for an enterprising individual to complement our team. We value innovation and a commitment to service excellence.
The Research and Systems Librarian is responsible for managing all aspects of the Integrated Library System (Virtua) as well as EMR Library’s digital information resources. Other regular duties include collection development, cataloguing library materials, and providing reference and research services to library clients. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a small team are essential.
For more information about this position, please contact: Anna Pearson at (867) 667-3108 or email at [email protected].
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note, selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent degree
- Experience managing an integrated library system (ILS)
- Recent experience providing reference and in-depth research services in a library setting
- Experience with library acquisitions and collection development
- Experience with RDA cataloguing and MARC coding
Candidates who have a combination of education, training and experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on their:
- Knowledge of library operations, procedures and theory;
- Demonstrated commitment to client service excellence;
- Self-motivated work ethic and personal responsibility;
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to contribute positively to a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.