Company : Municipal Assessment Agency
Salary : $43,698 - $48,339 a year
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Public Opportunity /Temporary Full Time (Approximately six (6) months)
The Municipal Assessment Agency is required to provide municipalities with real property values (or assessments) in accordance with the terms and conditions of the province’s Assessment Act, 2006. We are responsible for providing a fair and effective property assessment service to over 230 municipalities within Newfoundland & Labrador.
Location: Within the Clarenville, NL area
Why join the Municipal Assessment Agency?
The Municipal Assessment Agency is committed to providing their employees with training and overall professional growth. We provide great rewards including, but not limited to, comprehensive health benefits, flexible working arrangements, leave benefits, travel cost reimbursements(as per NL Government policies), a continuous learning environment, employee & family assistance program, and challenging work.
The Valuation Services Division of the Municipal Assessment Agency is offering a great opportunity for a Field Assessor.
Reporting to the Manager of Assessment Operations, the successful candidate will ensure accurate collection of data associated with the real property valuation process. The candidate will provide outstanding customer service to our clients throughout Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Collect and document all types of data (i.e. surveys, building plans, blue prints, measurements of areas and locations, etc.)
- Record data on all types of real property including undeveloped, residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional properties.
- Perform site visits with property owners to complete inspections and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Assign prescribed classifications to property improvements, review details of real property transactions with vendors and purchasers, collect details on covenants and leases with lessees and lessors, and review existing property data to ascertain accuracy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including assessment staff, municipal and provincial government officials, and the general public.
- Daily activities will be performed with a minimum of direct supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by related training and/or certificate/diploma in appraisal/assessment or a related field.
- Achieved or working towards an assessment related designation is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Assessment Act and real property data collection practices is required.
- Basic measurement and mathematical skills is required.
- The ability to read and understand legal documents and read surveys, subdivision plans and building plans is required.
- Knowledge of office software i.e. Excel, Word etc. is required.
- Experience in the real estate, construction or valuation field is preferred.
- The successful candidate must possess:
- Communication and organizational skills;
- Leadership and team collaboration skills;
- Problem solving and conflict management skills; and be
- Client focused and self-motivated.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid class 5 NL Driver’s Licence
- A reliable private vehicle for business use
- Business insurance for the vehicle
- A driver’s abstract satisfactory to the employer
- A certificate of conduct satisfactory to the employer
Salary: CG27 ($43,698 - $48,339) as per NAPE Collective Agreement and based on thirty-five (35) hours per week
Closing Date: May 13, 2022 at 4:00pm
Applications quote reference MAA.FA.06.2022
- For additional information on this job opportunity please contact Kelly Smith at 709-682-0398.
- An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the requirements.
- All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $43,698.00-$48,339.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Earth & Environmental Scientists: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-13