|Enterprise Services Team Lead|
Enterprise Services Team Lead
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $46.37 - $56.45 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Information Technology Division (ITD) of the Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement supplies a full-range of IT services to government ministries and agencies. It supports government customers with help desk, hardware and software, application development and IT security services. The ITD also sets government-wide policies and standards in IT infrastructure, IT support services and security.
The Application Management Services (AMS) team is seeking an individual who is an effective communicator, cross team collaborator with strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills for the position of Enterprise Services Team Lead. Reporting to the Director and Manager of AMS within the Citizen Centric Program Delivery unit, you will be responsible for leading, supporting, developing and mobilizing two teams toward a shared purpose in the best interests of the branch, Government of Saskatchewan and service delivery to citizens. In this position, you will be supporting two key services: 1) Integration Services and 2) .Net business application support and enhancements of the numerous web applications across government.
In this challenging and rewarding position your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Strategic Architecture team to understand the architecture then provide the design, code, and deployment of integration solutions;
- Managing the work program by ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of integration services;
- Prioritizing and estimating application changes across various government ministries;
- Orchestrating integration projects and corresponding strategies between business units, data stewards, and development teams;
- Planning, executing, and managing the strategic integration of new and existing APIs (web services, micro-services, adapters and connectors) into existing systems and infrastructure throughout the enterprise, including cloud services as applicable;
- Promoting integration services re-use and reduction of complex legacy integrations;
- Ensuring that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Ensuring that integration planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic vision;
- Developing and maturing standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives;
- Maintaining high standards of data quality through the introduction and enforcement of information handling processes and organization of the integration services;
- Designing, developing, and deploying solutions that align with the organization’s architectural principles, policies, and guidelines;
- Assisting with problem determination and resolution efforts when operational issues with integration solutions arise;
- Implementing audit, logging, and monitoring solutions to provide proactive operational support in the integration environment;
- Leading the support and enhancements of government’s internal and public-facing web business applications;
- Presenting, leading, directing and supervising a team of Integration Specialists and .Net Programmer/Analysts
- Staying current in a changing IT environment; and
- Creating, maintaining and presenting documentation on Enterprise Services platform which includes: service description, program process standards, program roadmap, resource planning and demand management insights and operation support to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences including executive government.
The Ideal Candidate
As our successful candidate you will be a results-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills and the experience below:
- Completion of a degree in computer science or a related discipline;
- Several years’ experience managing\leading all aspects of an integration platform and its components for effective delivery of the program service;
- Experience leading, training and coaching staff;
- Be approachable and flexible in dealing with clients and ITD staff from various divisions;
- Direct experience developing and supporting integration services architecture and providing data exchanges between multiple systems;
- Experience in integration tools and standards; and
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package;
- Pension plan; and
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave).