|Digital Product Manager|
Digital Product Manager
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $46.37 - $56.45 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Digital Citizen Experience, Citizen Centric Program Delivery Branch of the IT Division is looking for a talented and passionate Digital Product Manager to play a vital role in shaping and evolving government digital services. This position will primarily be responsible for the product management and operational oversight for the Saskatchewan Account, which provides simple and secure access to government online services.
In this central role in government, you will participate in digital service integration and development, cultivating relationships with stakeholders from all ministries to realize enterprise outcomes that benefit the province.
You will work closely with government ministries, strategic architecture, security, digital service designers, and partner vendors to organize and evaluate functionality requests as well as to launch further iterations of the Saskatchewan Account. You will also write requirements and user stories, collaborate on wireframes, create, and execute test plans, prepare release plans, and oversee releases.
You will work with IT project teams to oversee the standards-based integration of business systems to the Saskatchewan Account to leverage the common profile for individuals and organizations. You will be the go-to person for ministries who use the Saskatchewan Account as a component of their online service delivery model.
- Requirements analysis and conceptual product design;
- Prepare technical and client support documentation;
- Oversee platform roadmap, development, testing, and releases;
- Oversee and coordinate the onboarding of new services to Saskatchewan Account;
- Escalation and troubleshooting for customer support;
- Demonstrate and promote the use and value of new technology, programs and services in a manner that creates understanding and captures interest;
- Independently prioritize and organize one’s own workload to meet tight deadlines and successfully complete projects in a changing environment; and
- Project planning.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of software development, integration services, and supporting web technologies;
- Effective verbal and written communication to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Experience interacting directly with customers and translating their needs into user stories that a development team can develop against;
- Gather, understand, and synthesize specialized information in a way that can be applied to meet the needs of the organization and within given constraints;
- Ability to facilitate a group process to successfully implement technological change and business transition within the organization; and
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex functions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to public service and focus on continual learning, participation in organizational life, and professional delivery. They will have experience leading digital projects and know how to merge strategy and tactics to achieve successful outcomes.
Resumes from qualified candidates must detail extensive knowledge of the digital industry and substantive experience as a leader in a digital team or comparable web-based projects. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in leading or delivering enterprise digital solutions.