|Clerk B - Data Services|
Clerk B - Data Services
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general direction of a Senior Clerk, the Clerk B is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support services for the department, processing and verifying payments in Realty and Business Tax, for TIPP and non-TIPP accounts; the production of accurate Tax Certificates; assisting in the enforcement process for the collection of unpaid property & business taxes pursuant to the City of Winnipeg Charter; maintaining the Tax Instalment Payment Plan (TIPP) program for Realty and Business Tax; and for providing superior levels of customer service in a professional manner, either in person, by telephone, email or in writing. The Clerk B is also responsible for data entry and verification of assessment adjustment transactions, processing of ownership changes including property and/or mailing address changes, name changes and resident status changes, and assists in the assessment and taxation roll production.
As the Clerk B, you will:
- Process and verify payments in Realty and Business Tax.
- Provide accurate account information regarding Realty and Business Tax Rolls.
- Implement Realty and Business Tax calculations.
- Adjust the Taxation Roll and TIPP accounts for Miscellaneous Adds, including but not limited to water charges, board up charges and clean up charges.
- Produce Tax Certificates, reviews requests and verifies legal description provided is in agreement with taxation data.
- Assist with the Tax Sale and Warrant procedures, including the calculation of redemption figures and outstanding business tax amounts.
- Assist with Mortgage Clerk duties, as required.
- Process ownership changes for Realty properties for titles received from Winnipeg Land Titles Office.
- Process property address changes, mailing address changes, name changes and residency status changes.
- Data entry and verification of realty and business assessment adjustments in the ADVIS/Manta.
- Perform tasks related to Assessment roll and Tax roll production.
- Maintain TIPP applicants, extracts all required information, ensures all information is correct and determines if applicant is eligible to join the TIPP Program
- Update TIPP accounts by changing banking information, cancelling TIPP accounts upon request and recalculating TIPP payments for supplementary notices and replots, advising customers accordingly.
- Assist in staff training as required.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the classification.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduation with some formal training in desktop application, accounting, or office/business administration, or equivalent training & experience.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer using Microsoft Windows, Word (Advanced), Excel (Advanced), and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to type accurately at 20 w.p.m.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the functions of the Assessment and Taxation department.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and deal tactfully and diplomatically with customers in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, work efficiently, and ensure all deadlines are scheduled and met.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Ability to learn legislation and by-laws governing assessment adjustments and tax collection requirements of the City.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Must have demonstrated acceptable attendance and job performance relevant to this position.
Conditions of employment:
The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
Prior to commencement of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by providing a Government of Manitoba issued QR code and photo identification.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented