|Clerk 4 (Senior Customer Service Representative)|
Clerk 4 (Senior Customer Service Representative)
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $3,627 - $4,012 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Location: LOWER SACKVILLE
Type of Employment: Term
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 5/19/2022 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
At Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services, we impact every citizen, business and municipality and business in Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to design and deliver programs and services to meet the needs of our clients and the public good through a culture of excellence.
Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services’ vision is to be a recognized leader in service and public protection that delivers trusted, accessible, modern programs, and contributes to Nova Scotia as a safe and desirable place to live, work and do business. To learn more about our Department, please click on the following link:
About Our Opportunity
Under the direction of the Customer Service Leader, you provide subject matter expertise to the Transaction Service Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) working in the walk-in service delivery location. As a member of a small team, you work in a fast paced, complex work environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing support and assistance with complex transactions and escalating customer files as required leveraging your extensive RMV (Registry of Motor Vehicle) and customer service training and experience;
- Reviewing and following up on reports and information to ensure compliance with audit and control procedures;
- Communicating with and motivating employees to achieve quality and productivity standards, including providing instruction, coaching and support as required;
- Being accountable for oversight of the unit;
- Ensuring adherence to relevant policy and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this position, you possess five years of experience in a fast-paced customer service environment (which includes a minimum of two years' experience in Registry of Motor Vehicles transaction services). An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. In addition, you possess:
- Leadership skills;
- Customer service orientation;
- Teamwork attributes;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Sound knowledge of the interpretation and administration of programs administered by the division and Department (particularly Registry of Motor Vehicles);
- The ability to deal diplomatically with members of the public while providing quality customer service in a fast-paced environment; and
- Proficiency in the new Registry Motor Vehicle operating system.
Bilingual ability in French & English would be viewed as an asset for this position.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
$1,813.71 - $2,006.07 - Bi-Weekly
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offering and eligibility criteria.
You must be flexible to work during all hours of operation.
This is a 2 Year Term employment opportunity with an anticipated end date of June 5, 2021. The appointment status (‘term’, ‘temporary’ or ‘casual’) is dependent on the start date of the successful candidate.
Travel may be required for training and work purposes. Travel expenses will be reimbursed by the employer.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- countless career paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: CL 22
Salary Range: $1,813.71 - $2,006.07 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected]