Company : Kleinfelder, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
ROLE OVERVIEW - This will be an approx. 3-4 months temporary position covering a leave. It can be a hybrid position working from home / office time option
The Billing Specialist will work closely with Project Managers and other stakeholders in the financial management of projects. The individual will need to provide support to the engineering teams. Working as an integral member of the Kleinfelder team, the Billing Specialist will need to have a positive attitude, be proactive, and be able to communicate well with others.
- Ensuring timely preparation of weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly invoicing for projects
- Preparing client billings, responding to billing inquiries and coordinating with clients regarding billing preferences
- Respond to questions or rejected invoices from the customer in a timely manner
- Recognize improper billing issues and address the issue
- Gathering required signoffs and approvals from Internal/External stakeholders
- Submitting invoices to Clients (via 3rd Party Systems, Email, etc.)
- Monitor the status of invoices in the systems until they are approved or accepted for payment
- Monitoring work-in progress and write-offs.
- Ensuring validity, integrity, and accuracy of input data
- Advising Project Managers and Controller of any client concerns regarding invoicing
- Responding to internal operations questions regarding customer invoices and payments
- Building excellent working relationships with our internal clients
- Consistently striving to go above and beyond in achieving client satisfaction
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on specific Billing experience
- Previous experience in accurate processing within a high-volume environment
- Experience with Deltek would be an asset
- Electronic invoicing experience would be helpful
- Previous experience in processing invoices in multiple currencies (USD & CDN)
- Proficient in Excel
- Detail orientated, self-motivated and resourceful
- Creative, self-starter who can work independently with the support of a strong mentoring network
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills are required to interact with internal clients, key vendors, and employees
- Strong organizational and time management skills, handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks and meeting required deadlines
- Strong morals, ethics, and integrity along with commitment to privacy and confidentiality