|Zero Emission Bus Lead|
Zero Emission Bus Lead
Company : Stantec
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Zero Emission Bus Lead - ( 2200001E )
We create the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Zero Emission Bus (ZEB) team is a leader in the industry. Over the past three years, we have been engaged by our clients on over 50 projects across North America and globally. These assignments have been diverse, ranging from ZEB Rollout Plans through to design, implementation and project management of both Battery Electric (BEB) and Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus (FCEB) deployments. We primarily serve public sector transit agencies but offer our services to private sector clients as well. In this capacity, we work with executive and senior management at agencies to assist in the proactive transition to ZEBs, with the least impact to status quo transit operations.
As our ZEB practice continues to grow rapidly, Stantec has an immediate need for a Global ZEB Lead.
As a key resource at Stantec, the Global ZEB Lead is responsible for developing strategy and managing client and account performance with colleagues across the world. The Global ZEB Lead will drive continued growth in our Global ZEB practice, with a primary focus on North America. The position can be based anywhere in North America, with preference for a major North American city.
While the position resides within our Transportation Business, the Global ZEB lead will act as the prime coordinator of internal cross-business line resources (e.g., Energy, Transit Facilities, Hydrogen Supply and Fueling Design, etc.), ensuring a holistic offering to our clients. As part of the team, you will work directly with clients and subject-matter leaders on a regular basis. The successful applicant is expected to lead projects and pursuits. This role carries an elevated level of responsibility including strategically managing relationships with Stantec’s clients. The successful candidate will meet regularly with clients at their offices. Meeting hours and locations may require flexibility and travel may be required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Act as they key point of contact to coordinate ZEB activities across Stantec
- Develop and implement strategy to grow Stantec’s ZEB practice
- Be Stantec’s lead on ZEB pursuits
- Act as Project Manager on ZEB projects in accordance with Stantec’s PM Framework
- Network and develop new clients and projects in the ZEB space
- Provide technical leadership and supervision of tasks, working with a range of cross-business line colleagues and subconsultants
- Manage and lead a team of consultants
- Perform other duties as required
A typical assignment may include leading the development of a ZEB Rollout plan, or leading ZEB implementation activities such as the deployment of BEBs or FCEBs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong business development skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Significant experience with Zero Emission Buses
- Strong knowledge of bus propulsion technologies (Internal Combustion Engines, ZEBs, Hybrids, etc.)
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment, lead people, synthesize problems, and communicate point of view and analytical results
- Excellent interpersonal skills: this position requires a high degree of interaction with varied individuals from different functional groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: this position requires a high degree of involvement in meetings and regular communication to various stakeholders
- Valid driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Business, Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Economics, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, or a relevant degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in transit
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with ZEBs
- Valid professional accreditations relevant to the role
- Technical knowledge of bus propulsion systems such as ICE, BEB, FCEB, as well as hybrid systems, along with associated charging systems, fueling systems and retrofits.
- Experienced in report and proposal writing
- Experienced in business development and presenting to large audiences including Boards of Directors and City Councils
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Job : Management Consulting
Organization : BC-1605 Transportation-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 14, 2022, 10:42:31 AM
Req ID: 2200001E
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans