New Job Web Developer In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $60,824 - $80,324 a year
Location : Manitoba
IS2 Info Technologist 2
Department of Central Services
Solution Development and Delivery, Business Transformation & Technology
Advertisement Number: 38514
Salary(s): IS2 $60,824.00 - $80,324.00 per year
Closing Date: January 20, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- A Post-Secondary degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education/training (such as an advanced diploma or certificate in Information Technology/Computer Science) and related experience may be considered.
- Experience in systems analysis, application development and testing in a limited-platform networked environment.
- Experience working with XML.
- Knowledge of Cascading Style Sheets.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing, and changing priorities, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management, and stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong written communiction skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Reporting to the Manager of Web Services the Web Developer is accountable for developing and maintaining web based business applications to meet the needs of Departments by interpreting specifications for coding, testing and supporting web based applications in accordance with Government of Manitoba ICT Standards and Architecture. The Web Developer provides functional coaching, mentoring and quality assurance reviews to Developers to ensure all standards are met.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window