|Watershed Stewardship Assistant (2 Positions)|
Watershed Stewardship Assistant (2 Positions)
Company : Oldman Watershed Council
Salary : $20 - $21 an hour
Location : Alberta
OWC is seeking 2 outgoing, dynamic leaders to assist with restoration and education throughout the Oldman watershed. These exciting positions require exceptional communications skills and a willingness to engage in hands-on stewardship actions.
Reporting to the Education Program Manager, Watershed Stewardship Assistants will work full-time 5 days/week, with 2 consecutive days off (e.g. Sunday-Monday). The positions are based in Lethbridge with extensive travel throughout the Oldman watershed attending outreach events and assisting with restoration and stewardship activities, possibly without cell service. Occasionally, 1-2 nights/week of tenting at campgrounds may be required. Satellite communication devices, safety equipment, 4WD vehicles, and some camping gear will be provided.
If funding permits, Watershed Stewardship Assistants will also conduct stream sampling; training (CABIN Field Technician certification) will be provided – a great addition to your résumé! There may be an opportunity for extension into the fall months for fieldwork – please indicate your fall availability in your cover letter.
Salary: $20-21/hr depending on qualifications and experience, at the discretion of OWC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with restoration and stewardship activities, including (but not limited to) bioengineering/willow staking, weed pulls, installing fences, garbage pickups, bridge & sign installation, and tree planting.
- Assist with delivery of OWC’s educational programs, including attending public events and engaging passersby in conversation and interactive educational activities.
- Data collection and record-keeping, including tracking metrics and keeping a log/journal.
- Write blogs, social media posts, articles, reports, journals, and other written materials. Photograph activities and add to digital archive. Videorecording. Some data entry/management as needed.
- Follow COVID pandemic policies and procedures.
- Additional related duties as needed.