|SUPPORT ASSISTANT C|
SUPPORT ASSISTANT C
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Reporting to the Manager/Deputy Secretary Treasurer Committee of Adjustment, the incumbent will perform a variety of clerical and administrative functions in support of the Committee of Adjustment section of the City Planning Division:
- Supports the customer service counter by receiving applications from the public and ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Responds to inquiries made in person, by phone, or in writing that requires a broad knowledge of the operational area/function or refers to appropriate personnel
- Prepares researches, maintains and processes documents including proof reading, printing and photocopying
- Inputs, updates and maintains data as it relates to the program area
- Drafts correspondence and creates documents for Manager’s signature
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill
- Prepares presentation materials, forms etc. Utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for section files
- Coordinates meeting rooms, bookings and special requirements for meetings
- Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail and assists with the distribution of public hearing notices
- Attends meetings and public hearings that may extend beyond regular work hours to take and transcribe minutes
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations
- Provides clerical assistance to the Administrative Support team and performs related work assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in performing various clerical and administrative support duties.
- Experience in working in a front-line customer service environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel), Outlook.
- Experience utilizing and inputting data into databases
- Experience in accurately recording and transcribing formal meeting minutes.
You must also have:
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to provide customer service to a broad range of stakeholders (i.e. staff, Councillors, public) and respond to issues as they arise in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Ability to utilize other software packages relevant to supporting the division’s core requirements such as IBMS and Adobe.
- Good written communication skills to compose correspondence and edit and proof read documentation.
- Knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all relevant regulations that apply to the job duties.
- Good organizational, record keeping and multitasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities while working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to set-up and maintain large volumes of information in both manual and electronic filing systems.
- An understanding of urban development and municipal government business procedures.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.