|SUPPORT ASSISTANT C - Bilingual|
SUPPORT ASSISTANT C - Bilingual
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : $28.93 - $31.71 an hour
Location : Ontario
To provide bilingual (English and French) administrative and clerical services:
- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents (e.g. enforcement of defaulted fines, license suspensions, warrants, probation orders, other court orders, interpreter request, dockets, case dispositions, MTO requests, photocopy requests, trial request, motion applications, extension applications, re-openings, walk-in-guilty pleas, filings of certificates and information etc.)
- Selects and presents data
- Determines and corrects errors
- Drafts correspondence (relating to legislative authorities and court processes).
- Inputs, updates and maintains data, e.g. processing certificates of offence and Information filed with court, Prepping court dockets, updating dispositions including FTR, scheduling trials, etc.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill
- Prepares presentation materials, forms etc.
- Utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for records/documents (e.g. trials, pending matters to be scheduled, schedules, tables, completed cases, docket payments, fines at collections, exhibits, recording tapes / digital recording files, reports, inventory data and manuals, receivables and completed matters) etc.
- Receives documents/applications, invoices/monies from the public or other levels of government and ensures accuracy and completeness
- Issues/completes receipts/documentation
- Receives, balances and records payments and completes receipts
- Directs and/or guides and/or checks work of other staff
- Responds to inquiries requiring broad knowledge of the operational area/function (e.g. call centre, public counter, intake counter and information desk)
- Coordinates meeting rooms, bookings and special requirements for meetings
- Attends meetings, takes and transcribes minutes
- Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail, cash, bank deposits
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience providing bilingual (English & French) front line services in a customer service environment, dealing effectively with all levels of staff and the general public and service providers in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Considerable experience performing various clerical duties, including, receiving payments, typing correspondence, processing applications, etc.
- Experience with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint), data entry, formatting procedures for text, table, spreadsheet and mail merging.
- Considerable experience working with various filing systems and the management of large volumes of information both hard copy and electronic.
You must also have:
- Ability to utilize layout of formatting procedures for text, charts, graphs and statistical data.
- Mathematical ability to compile statistical summaries and to balance accounting documents, e.g. FTR dockets, WIG dockets First Attendance dockets balance day end cash transactions etc.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask in a high pressure, high volume environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate audio/visual systems and perform minor maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of legal and technical terms and court procedures and requirements, e.g. knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act, Courts of Justice Act, Administration of Justice Act and related regulations.
- Ability to type/keyboard at a fair rate of speed, with accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to meet and interact with judiciary, Legal Profession, Staff, Enforcement Agencies, Public and representative from external agencies and organizations in an efficient, discreet and professional manner.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20 kg.
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours on a rotational basis.
- Ability to work in a primarily digital environment.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.