|Supplier Development Lead|
Supplier Development Lead
Company : Sobeys
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 163403
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Produce Sourcing
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: Bureau de Montréal-Nord
Postal Code: H1G 3J5
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
- Strengthen Sobeys partnerships with regular in person visits/meetings, coaching suppliers to exceed Sobeys specifications;
- Advise Sourcing Manager on crop outlook and how it could affect future Ads;
- Collect crop outlooks and grower supply forecasts;
- Collaborate and assist in seasonal planning with Category Manager, Sourcing Team and QC Team;
- Inspect product using Sobeys’ SOPs at supplier level and document findings;
- Identify superior quality growers and products and communicate to Sourcing Teams;
- Make recommendations with growers/suppliers to improve quality;
- Review supplier scorecards and identify inferior and superior performers;
- Use quality data to improve/coach supplier;
- Evaluate supplier facilities for compliance with Sobeys and industry GAP and GMP requirements and cold chain compliance;
- Collaborate with different departments to development specifications based on grower and industry findings;
- Recommend specification adjustments based on current crop conditions;
- Communicate daily and weekly with Sourcing, Category, and QC Teams;
- Advise Sobeys of industry regulations;
- Engages and maintains interest in personal growth and/or career development;
- Work with Sourcing and Category Management teams to select best suppliers and best quality;
- Coach supplier to improve product quality;
- Build relationships with supplier to ensure timely and accurate loading of Sobeys trucks;
- Communicate with the Sourcing, Category, and Replenishment Teams to secure product quality;
- Communicate with QC RSC Analysts on product quality and potential supplier improvements.
- An Undergraduate Degree and/or a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience;
- 1-2 years experience as CFIA/USDA inspector, retail produce manager, private produce inspection company, or produce grower/wholesaler;
- Familiarity with CFIA and USDA requirements;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Excel, iTrade and strong computer skills;
- Ability to communicate in a concise, accurate, timely, and professional manner both verbally and written;
- Proficient use of appropriate QC equipment;
- General understanding of GAP and GMP Requirements;
- Need to have a valid passport because travel is required;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Powerjack and forklift operation certification (as applicable);
- Need to have a valid driver’s license for any travel needs;
- Ability to determine colors;
- Willing to work flexible work schedules including weekends and holidays.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.