|Supervisor of Payments Office|
Supervisor of Payments Office
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $46,659 - $53,637 a year
Location : Manitoba
Supervisor of Payments Office
HJ3 (Classification Under Review) - Administrative Officer 3
Department of Families
Property Services, Northern Housing Operation, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Advertisement Number: 38592
Salary(s): HJ3 $46,659.00 - $53,637.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: January 21, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This position is designated to comply with the Public Health Orders related to COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirement.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory child abuse registry check
- Must provide a current and satisfactory adult abuse registry check
- Signficant experience with Accounts Recievable
- Significant knowledge of collection and enforcement techniques
- Experience supervising staff demonstrated by the ability to coach and mentor, establish work priorities, and resolve work performance issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide exceptional customer service and build effective relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and public
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to priorize a high volume workload to meet deadlines with strict attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Manages the overall delivery and administration of the Payments Office which is responsible for the central processing of $30M in rental payments from tenants and government agencies. Collects vacated arears through the refund set off program and handles income verification for all tenants through Canada Revenue Agency and Employment and Income Assistance. The office must be accurate, confidential and meet monthly deadlines when processing information for payment.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.