|Sr Liability Risk Consultant - Environmental|
Sr Liability Risk Consultant - Environmental
Company : Allianz Global Corporate Specialty
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Based in NA and reporting to the ARC Liability Regional Manager, the Environmental Liability Risk Consultant will be responsible for providing environmental liability risk analysis reports and consulting to AGCS’s Liability Underwriters about large corporate clients involving complex environmental risks in a wide variety of industries including product manufacturing, chemical, agricultural, construction, oil & gas, utilities, and real estate operations. In this role, the Environmental Liability Risk Consultant will conduct desk-top-assessments (DTAs), risk dialogues, and on-site visits (when required) to the facilities of existing and prospect corporate clients in order to perform environmental liability exposure analysis and risk identification in various industries and big project developments and provide the underwriters with reports, technical insights and risk ratings based on the AGCS risk appetite and tolerance. The Environmental Expert will be operating in a Matrix Management system being part of the global ARC Liability Line of Business (LoB) and will maintain professional working relationships with Underwriting, Market Management, Claims, clients, and brokers on a regional and global level as required. The role will be actively involved in the appraisal and development of Environmental Liability tools and products and it would be expected to further develop into a Liability Expert being able to support various sublines.
- Perform environmental and expertise-related liability risk assessment desk top assessments of existing or prospect AGCS clients
- Assess Phase I/II ESA, Soil/Groundwater Monitoring, Environmental Impacts, and Remediation reports; evaluate environmental liability exposures based on the existing regulatory framework, industry best practices, the ARC risk matrix guidelines, AGCS risk tolerance, internal guidelines (Functional Rules) and common sense; and summarize identified risks and mitigation controls to provide to Liability underwriters with technical reports, insights, and qualitative risk ratings
- Carry out risk dialogues or site surveys, when required, to obtain appropriate data, identify hazards, and discuss findings with appropriate parties in order to evaluate environmental liability exposures involving complex risks related with large accounts, project development, multiple client sites, or multi line operations
- Provide scientific and technical insights and consulting in current and emerging environmental risks about various industries, products, and technical applications to AGCS functions (Underwriting, Claims, Marketing, etc.) through the ability to simplify complex technical narratives into a concise narrative structure
- Work with Claims post loss assessment as required. Review of ARC internal risk assessments and ensure quality of work provided by 3rd parties
- Assist AGCS and clients with respect to ongoing or specific projects, support technical training presentations for internal and external clients as required
- Develop and maintain clear communications with Underwriting, Claims, Marketing, ARC LoBs, and Business Development colleagues on both regional and global level
- Maintain and enhance technical skills and expertise in their Engineering field to support global business development
- Actively assist ARC Liability and EIL global team with respect to ongoing or specific projects supporting AGCS transformation and digitalization.
- Provide technical training of UWing teams or ARC cross-LoBs on specific or emerging risks
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Environmental, Chemical, or Manufacturing Engineering (other disciplines may be considered if they fulfill the rest of the requirements)
- 7-10 years of professional experience in environmental management, consulting, and/or contaminated site assessments. Additional professional experience in another discipline is an asset
- Proven experience working in risk management and loss prevention processes in industrial operations or in project driven environments
- Experience in working with or auditing Environmental and/or Quality Management Systems ISO 9001 and 14001. Knowledge of ISO 31000 and 45001 is an asset
- Professional Certifications in Project/Risk Management, Quality Assurance, Environmental-Health & Safety Management, Industry Processes, Professional Bodies, ISO Compliance and Auditing are an asset
- Experience in field execution and management of Phase I/II/III ESAs and remediation projects as well as in the execution or management of sediment assessments, designated substance surveys and/or air emission surveys would be considered an asset
- Through education or experience have demonstrable knowledge and skills in relevant disciplines including engineering in production management, hydrogeology, environmental compliance, health and safety systems, waste management, and occupational hygiene
- Comprehensive understanding of industry standard environmental site assessment practices and processes; engaged in the environmental consulting industry and aware of emerging trends, and regulatory changes
- Understanding of hydrogeology, contaminant transport and geology; Vapour Intrusion / Mold / Asbestos Assessment experience is a plus
- Knowledge of environmental laws, regulations, and guidelines as they apply to the North America (USA and Canada) businesses and projects
- Knowledge of risk identification methods, root cause and risk analysis techniques (HAZOP, FTA, FMEA, SWAT, Monte Carlo), quality control (e.g. Six Sigma), and risk assessment methods
- Insurance industry experience and understanding of basic insurance risk transfer mechanisms is a plus
- Proficient in Office365; understanding of Data Analytics and of Agile project management principles is an asset
- Strong technical writing skills with attention to detail, solution-oriented risk consulting skills with ability to present information concisely and clearly in a varied environment
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience and includes a comprehensive best in class benefits package. Any salary or benefits information provided by third party resources such as external job posting websites etc., cannot be deemed reliable.
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us. Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is a leading global corporate insurance carrier and a key business unit of Allianz Group. We provide risk consultancy, Property-Casualty insurance solutions and alternative risk transfer for a wide spectrum of commercial, corporate and specialty risks across 10 dedicated lines of business.
Our customers are as diverse as business can be, ranging from Fortune Global 500 companies to small businesses, and private individuals. Among them are not only the world’s largest consumer brands, tech companies and the global aviation and shipping industry, but also wineries, satellite operators or Hollywood film productions. They all look to AGCS for smart answers to their largest and most complex risks in a dynamic, multinational business environment and trust us to deliver an outstanding claims experience.
Worldwide, AGCS operates with its own teams in 32 countries and through the Allianz Group network and partners in over 200 countries and territories, employing over 4,300 people. As one of the largest Property-Casualty units of Allianz Group, we are backed by strong and stable financial ratings. In 2019, AGCS generated a total of €9.1 billion gross premium globally.
For more information, visit www.agcs.allianz.com or follow us on Twitter @AGCS_Insurance and LinkedIn.