|Senior Practice Manager - Government|
Senior Practice Manager - Government
Company : Amazon Web Services Canada, In
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
- 10+ Experience leading consulting verticals with the Canadian Government, Canadian Crown Corporations, or Canadian Provinces
- 10+ years leading advisory services team or vertical
- 7+ years consulting practice leadership experience as manager with P&L responsibility.
- 10+ years of experience selling and delivering technology consulting services
- 10+ Experience with providing strategic, consultative services in a sales or advisory services environment.
Are you passionate about building and leading high-performance teams to lead IT transformations within the Public Sector? Do you love leading an enterprisecustomer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and Cloud migrations? Can you lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business outcomes using new IT deliver models?
AWS Professional Services is seeking a consulting Senior Practice Manager who has experience working with Public Sector. As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of professional services consultants working with customers and partners to architect and implement innovative solutions. You will routinely engage with Director, VP, C-level executives and governing boards. You will be responsible for capturing opportunity and driving engagement delivery. You will work closely with partner teams; envision business development initiatives through thought leadership; provide portfolio guidance and oversight; while working backwards from the needs of our customers.
You bring a diverse IT and/or Management Consulting background and knowledge of industry IT trends within the Public Sector space, leveraging this credibility as a strategic advisor to our customers, partners and internally across AWS.
You're able to craft an innovative, forward-looking strategy while clearly outlining the investment and multi-step go-to-market plan necessary to help AWS customers lead the changes to IT strategy, policies, processes, people, governance and partnerships.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Current or former CTO/CIO, Vice President or consulting firm Partner who has helped transform the IT organization of multi-national enterprises
- Experience with Canadian Public Sector procurement and delivery of Advisory services
- High-level of skill communicating and collaborating effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, solution architects and customers
- Experience attracting new talent, developing team capabilities, and performing people management responsibilities
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup (or startup-like) environment and experience
- Proven experience migrating production enterprise applications to Public and Private Cloud
- Experience with ITSM processes and ITIL, along with integration experience of Cloud solutions and services with enterprise IT Service Management systems and processes
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent experience
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.